Adelaide Shores Resort
US$91
TripAdvisor
Oaks Plaza Pier Apartment Hotel(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$128
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
US$90
Trip.com
Comfort Inn Anzac Highway(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
US$87
Stamford Grand Adelaide(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
US$154
Cancelon
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Seawall Apartments(Glenelg)(Great Value!)
US$216
Hotels.com
Lakes Resort Hotel(West Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$131
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsjumping pillowadelaide shoresexecutive villaholiday unitscaravan parkshort walk to the beachself containedclose to the airportspacious groundsgreat place for familiesmini golfsailing clubplay areafront officea bit overpricedtravelling with childrenan iron and ironing board
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I took my two children for four nights in the July school holidays. Although we possibly had the worst weather possible, we made the most of our time there with spending quality time together. The bungalow we were in had a play station & we got extra handsets from reception so the three of us could all play together. They have a large supply of rental games. I had packed a lot of board games, so this also provided many hours of fun & belly laughs! Inbetween the hail & rain the children still managed to get out to ride their bikes & play on the jumping pillow. I was grateful for the well appointed laundry as we did need the dryer a few times with the soggy clothes.
There is aeroplane noise but being on holidays this didn't bother us, the boys loved looking at them.
The staff are extremely friendly & helpful.
I find it a little on the expensive side but this is our second stay & my children still tell me how much they love staying there.
Overall, a great 4 days of bonding time with mum & boys, we all went home feeling relaxed & happy.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My sister and I took my 91 year old mother here for a birthday weekend. We stayed in a three bedroom villa which faced Military Road (towards the airport). There was a huge grassed area in front of the unit and the area was very private.
Others have complained about the airport noise, but we didn't find it a problem. The noise was muffled in our unit first thing and later in the day the planes switched to landing and taking off from west to east.
Location is excellent within a few minutes drive to the beach and shops at Glenelg or the outlets at Harbour Town. A great coastal walk is just outside the fence as is a lovely beach.
We were very pleased with our unit. We had 3 bedrooms (two x two singles and a king), two toilets, bathroom with walk-in shower, kitchen with gas cooktop and electric oven, microwave and a dishwasher. The lounge/diner/kitchen was huge.
We had a few maintenance issues which were handled promptly once we reported them.
Other reviewers have complained about availability of shops, but the office has a mini shop which is very well stocked with basics including beer and wine.
A few cons:
We didn't have a room compendium. We reported this to reception, but they didn't offer us a replacement. The maintenance man who came to replace a blown bulb in a light gave us one from the unit next door, but it didn't have instructions for any of the appliances (although it kept referring to the instructions). We managed to work out most of the appliances, but the DVD and pay TV defeated us! Note to reception - keep spare compendiums in the office and make sure they are up-to-date!
Free wifi is great, but you only get 30 minutes a day and once the clock starts ticking that it is! I think free 30 minutes is good, but I would like to use my 30 minutes over a 24 hour period so I can quickly check email, etc then come back again a few hours later.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I stayed at the Resort for work for a couple of nights. first impressions were good. spacious and comfortable lounge area, close to the beach, pleasant grounds and ok facilities in the villa. The one thing that i really didn't like was the hard bed. I woke up feeling like I'd slept on boards. Another point that would prevent me from staying again is the proximity to shops... fine if you have a car but not so good if you rely on public transport. That said, there is a bus stop next to the entrance and they come by every half hour. At this time of year you can pick up much better deals in Adelaide. Oh and just remember not to set your alarm because the planes taking off at 6am will surely wake you up!

Room Tip: If the wind blows from the south beware of the smell from the nearby sewage treatment plant
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank conatus
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We stayed in a villa in the middle of the property, we arrived late afternoon and the room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke (although smoking is strictly not allowed). The general cleanliness of the villa was not great (lots of dust on window sills and the carpet in the lounge area was very dirty looking and covered with stains). The kitchen was poorly stocked with cooking equipment and I noticed there were quite a few utensils in the draws that were rusty. Overall it looked to be a bit run down and overpriced for the quality of accommodation. We complained about the smoke smell the following morning and someone from housekeeping offered to spray the room with air freshener (not sure how much this would help really), then they said they would put an air purifier in the room while we were out, however later that afternoon when we came back to the room for the night, I could still smell the smoke as it was in the furniture/blinds.
Long story short after going back to the office a third time to complain, I was given a refund for the remaining days of our booking and we promptly checked out.
The service of the staff was great, and they were all very helpful in trying to get the smell out, and they were apologetic for the situation, as the smell should not have been there in the first place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Really comfortable and clean, spacious cabins. Beautiful location and convenient to all Adelaide has to offer. A little more customer service like offering extra towels for those who are there for swimming competitions would rate them as Highly as some resorts in Queensland who would.
Beds are super hard.