“Wonderful Quirky Food - A Delightful Surprise!”
Review of Origin Dining

Origin Dining
Ranked #118 of 416 Restaurants in Willoughby
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Local neighbourhood dining gem.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My partner and I tried this restaurant as a result of a "voucher deal" and were not expecting a lot (we hadn't read any reviews either). It was a wonderful surprise! The food was imaginative, delicious and we'll definitely return. The service was attentive and helpful and although the premises are a little on the plain side once one accepts this there really is nothing to fault!

1  Thank SydneyTraveller185

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The fusion dishes prepared by Origin's Chinese chef are absolutely delectable. The only drawback of this restaurant is the small size which limits the number of larger groups.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I was going to rate this little restaurant average just because the lack of service was provided to me and my gf during our visit. But I changed my mind and give it a good review just because the food are simply amazing.

The food they make here are good combination of east and the west. I have uploaded all the pictures I took and they are well presented.

The old lady is showing great hospitality to old customers and us new visitor she barely look or even try to talk to us. I have to ask her what dish is it that is on the table.

I would not be returning.

2  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Origin Dining is our local, we eat here at least once a week and have taken many foodies from all over Australia and elsewhere here and they all agree this place is a gem. The food is original, fresh and jut so darned tasty. Raymond, the chef, is a genius and it's only because of the modest surroundings (next door to a Subway for God's sake) that it doesn't get the cudos is deserves. It's taken me more than a year to decide to give it a TA review because I don't really want to share it with the world. Every single dish is to die for, you just can't go wrong and it's BYO to boot.

2  Thank l3v3ngn3y3rk
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I visited with two friends who are local and were welcomed by the owner.
Staff were friendly and attentive.
The food was truly scrummy, the dumplings and squid were a great starter, the risotto delicious and the dessert good but enormous as a sharer.
Would like to try different things next time.