Aspect Tamar Valley Resort
Riverside Hotel Motel(Riverside)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$74
Hotwire.com
Tamar River Villas(Riverside)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$70
Hotels.com
US$150
  • Restaurant
Peppers Seaport Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$143
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Sebel Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$128
  • Restaurant
Clarion Hotel City Park Grand(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$128
US$124
Hotwire.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmini golfswiss villagegolf coursetamar valleychocolate shopgolf shopindoor poolpirate shipmain buildingself containedlong weekendshort driveduckslauncestonbakerylookoutsauna
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Very happy with the three nights here as we did not have a vehicle. ($70 from the airport, however and other day but a Sunday a bus could have been available). We had a King Size Water Villa over the pond/lake with all the ducks, birds, rabbits etc roaming round. Also overlooks a couple of golf fairways. The curtains needed fixing and the vanity basin is really small but other than that it was a reasonable stay. We ate all our meals there in teh restaurant or cafes as we decided to spread our money around to those that lease the shops and probably a slow time of year. Had a wonderful hot stone massage by Donna that eased the aching bones so recommend that to anyone staying. The sun didnt come out much at all but we managed to play some mini gold, wander around, walk up to the look out and just chill out. The girls in the restaurant were lovely and cheerful, remembered what we had to drink the night before and gave us a run down on the menu. Would recommend to others, if they had a car to get around in, although the bus stops outside the resort and you can get to places as well as tours come and pick you up.

Room Tip: If you dont have a vehicle I would get a room closer to the reception area so you dont have to lug your cases to the bottom of the hill, also if it rains you have to wait to get to the restaurant.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had a lovely 4 day holiday at Tamar Valley Resort in a 2 bedroom chalet. The room was clean and tidy and everything we could ask for. We swam at the pool each day and it was lovely and well kept. We played mini golf and had fantastic breakfasts and dinners at the restaurant. The staff were all very lovely and helpful. There were heaps of workers around the place gardening and painting which was very nice to see.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We decided to say here for a couple of days over the school holidays, as it had activities for the kids. Each activity cost extra, even the jumping pillow! I can accept that if I was a day visitor, I would have to pay, but as a house guest, I expect it to be included in the price. The paddle boat we got had a broken set, so was very hard to use. We told the lady in the golf shop about it, to which she replied with a "Oh" and hired it out again to the next lot. We went to the Village Bakery for an early afternoon treat, while the guy in the shop was kind and friendly, the display cases were practically empty, so very little to choose from. I went into the little chocolate shop, to get some fudge to try and after the lady in the shop finished serving the people in front of me, she went out the back and left me standing there, so I walked out. The games arcade had a few games that wouldn't work, one had an out of order sign on it, while the others didn't and just swallowed our money. From reading other reviews, this isn't a new complaint, but one that obviously has been ignored and not fixed. The dress shop was nice though, and the lady was friendly. We found the restaurant good and the food was plentiful and fairly priced. We did consider room service, but the extra fee's put us off. While I have no problem paying a delivery fee, I don't think it is fair to charge extra for the meal PLUS a room service fee, to management I'd say, pick to either to charge guests a little extra for the meals, or the room service fee, charging both is just a greedy scam. We enjoyed the pool and spa and the gym area was clean and well equipped.

The room we booked was a Village Apartment that slept four people. It overlooked the little shopping area and mini golf course. The rooms were rather musty smelling, the windows were dirty, all the surfaces and skirting boards were dusty and cobwebs (some complete with dead spiders and telling by the colour of them, had been there for quite a while) hung from ceilings and the linen cupboard in the lounge/dining area had alot of spider webs in them, in fact, I don't think I have ever seen so many in one place before!. Again, I have noticed from other reviews, the cleanliness of the rooms has been an issue and again, management has decided to ignore it, even when they have told the reviewer they would look into it. Another resounding complaint was about the $35.00 clean up charge if you didn't wash up the dishes in the room. I for one find this a cheek, especially when the glasses I pulled out of the cupboard, still had orange juice residue stuck to them. I had to laugh when I noticed that managements response to the clean up charge was that your room fee didn't include the cleaning of dishes, well to that I say, what a load of crap! I have worked in this industry and know this is a bogus charge just to rip a little extra out of the guests. We also found a notice in a bedroom cupboard in regards to the pool towels. It stated that if the towels were not in the rooms upon checkout, the guests would be charged $25.00 per missing towel. I think a hotel is quite within it's rights to charge guests for stolen property, but we couldn't find any pool towels in the room to start with. Realising that as the room slept 4 people, therefore, there should be 4 pool towels, we could have potentially been up for $100.00, so we went to reception to tell them they were not there, after all, it's your word against theirs. We were given the towels without any problems, so to any future guest, I'd say make sure those towels are in your room, just in case you get accused of theft after you go home. The two queen sized beds were comfortable enough and the sheets were clean, but there was only one flimsy thin blanket on each bed, with another equally flimsy thin blanket in the cupboards. I slept with the electric blanket on 3 all night to stay warm!

While once upon a time this place would have been a legitimate 4 star resort, it certainly doesn't deserve that rating anymore..... While upon arrival, the front grounds, entrance and reception area are kept nice, that's about as far as it goes. The rest of the place is a bit grubby, and one thing I couldn't help but notice, was the amount of bird droppings all though the shopping area, look out tower, out our room window, on our balcony's and in our front doorway. There was even the remains of a couple of birds nests at the front door to our room that hadn't been cleaned up properly. I know birds make a mess and it can't be helped, but jeez, would it kill you to at least clean it up?

The saddest part was seeing the dilapidation of someone's vision and creation and I couldn't help but wonder what Roelf Vos would say if he saw this place now. I can remember as a kid coming here when it was new and fresh. it was exciting and busy, now just tired and dirty. Yes, ok, this place could probably do with upgrading here and there and I know it is an expensive process, but the majority of people probably wouldn't mind so much if the place was just kept clean. As a Tasmanian, I am embarrassed. How can this state try and compete in the tourism industry if this is what we have to present to overseas and mainland guests? This place and Tassie as a whole, really needs to lift it's game.........

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Rachael C
Reviewed 8 October 2013

wife and i stayed here first weekend of October (Sat and Sun nights), price was reasonable which included breakfast, We never ate in the restaurant (other than breakfast, which was quite ok) so i cannot comment on the meals. The room was ok, looking a little dated, the pillows were almost flat. The tv was difficult to use as the channels were all over the place (I am sure someone could sort that out so there could be a channel guide set up so you know where to find each of the available channels).My wife said the gym looked ok but we didn't check out the pool so can't comment on that either. One big complaint that i have is the state of the golf course, i understand what is required to maintain a golf course but to charge guests $15.00 for green fees is terrible as they are probably the worst greens i have seen in northern Tasmania, I would recommend going to Greens Beach or Exeter golf clubs for a better 9 hole experience at comparable prices. But generally as a short stay away it was quite good and relaxing

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My how this 'resort' has deteriorated over the years. I'm late posting this review but, after reading a friend's terrible review of this place that has just been posted, I feel it is time to have my say. I have taken my family here annually for a decade.this time I went in May and my daughter and her partner met me at the resort. It was freezing when I arrived and I couldn't get the air conditioner to work. I waited ages for the service guy to come and froze.there was no phone working in the room so I had to ring on my mobile. The TVs worked, but not a clear picture and without the access to movies as written on my documentation. Not a great start. Then we went to the pool and it was slimy underfoot, very grimy and the spa was a strange colour. We had a meal in the restaurant a and a couple of things we wanted was not available, another couple were not apply with their meals as well. I could not believe how bad it was, the staff at the desk seem just happy to handle the paperwork, and the keys out. All three of us ended up with a terrible rash from the pool which last a couple of days. I won't be back, alone or with any family members.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business