See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Great hotel, staff are very friendly, food is good, rooms are simple yet very comfortable, views are breathtaking. Had an issue with my shower and it was resolved very quickly. I will most certainly come back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We spent three nights (from August 8th to 11th) at the rate of 400 euros per night. We had a bungalow (the #72) and we were two adults and two kids (5 and 3 yrs old). Me and my wife we were immediately "surprised" for too many unpleasant features of our bungalow.

The walls were dirty, the doors present several evident scratches, two of the external lights didn't work as well as one of the two reading lights of the main bedroom. Also the cleaning was not in standard for a room of 400 euros per night: rest of chewing-gum on the window fixtures, we found two cups and two glasses dirty in the washing machine, spots on the sofa and on the fridge door, freezing in an horrible condition, external wall (garden side) full of spider webs. In the kitchen it is missed a pot (only the cover is present) and the coffee machine.

Let me say that I travel a lot in Europe, mainly for business, and it's not acceptable to provide a room in such a state for a similar price.

Also the quality of the breakfast was really poor in a dirty and cahotich space.

I sent an email to the resort's manager, but it was not possible to speak with her, so a kind receptionist propose to me to change the bungalow but the situation also for the one she proposed me was more or less the same. When I proposed to show to somebody of the staff what we've found they answered me that they are not in charge of the maintenance as the Novi Resort is just a sort of "timeshare".

A really bad experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Cristiano M
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We had a nice lunch here, seated overlooking the sea. Excellent location and a good long walk from the Wall, great pit stop before continuing our walk along the coast. The staff were all helpful and pleasant. Decent menu and selection of drinks, the tables and seating are comfortable with a few outdoor sofas to relax.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights with my family in the bungalows. It was perfect, you can even wash you clothes if you need to or cook food in those stylish villas. We stayed at one bungalow oceanfront so you could just go down to the beach from you terrace. Breakfast was also very nice. We was there before high season and they still had some work to do with the Hotel so the beachclub and poolarea didn't look so nice but that wasn't expected. I would stay at this place again if i go to Visby. You can also rent bikes and ride a great beachroad to city.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 14 July 2017

Dear Karl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the kind review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you here again in the future.

Best regards

Marie Herrey with staff

Reviewed 5 July 2017

My daughter and I travelled down to Visby, Gotland to support Team Bermuda (mainly Badminton crew) for the Natwest International Island Games. Check in was easy and our cabin went way beyond our expectations with a dish washer, washing machine and dryer, full 49" smart TV and a patio with deck chairs and breakfast table and chairs that we never got the pleasure of using. The room came with breakfast for two and we noticed a tremendous improvement in the breakfast offered on Saturday morning when most of the Natwest Games athletes had already left. I'd been in prior contact with Marie Herrey a senior staff member of the Front Desk team because of the error I made booking our check out of the accommodation a day earlier than our flight back to London. She was initially very helpful and offered me some options because of cancellations. At the end of the day the only option open to us was a room in the hotel for US$711.00 --- nearly the full cost of our whole stay!!!! The Front Desk ladies were very helpful in calling and finding us a less expensive room at The Best Western Strand for the extra night.

Check out was easy but I returned to NOVI to get a print out of my bill. Be certain to ask for your print out since it seems to be the operating policy at NOVI not to offer one. At Best Western they required to have copies of our passports on file but at NOVI that was not a requirement --- this inconsistent policy left me a bit baffled. Overall, our stay was pleasant but I'd advise a car rental. It's a pleasant walk into the City Centre but Visby was cold and it rained so much that without a car, we were pretty much locked in. Lovely sunsets like never seen before --- what a bonus!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family