“Amazing! Kelsey-Eric” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorantino da Issa

Ristorantino da Issa
Price range: US$31 - US$38
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aviano, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing! Kelsey-Eric”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

The food was fantastic!! The owner was so hospitable and friendly, we have never had so much fun at a resturant is was like being at a family memebers house. We will definitly be returning! Highly recomend if your in the area make a reservation you will not regret it!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kelsey R

• Arabic first
Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food-gasm!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Where do I begin? I have never had Arabic food, ever... but MAN was this food amazing! I can't say I have ever been to a restaurant that has had such wonderful hospitality and amazing food!! Make sure you make a reservation so he can prepare you a wonderful dish! I loved that we felt at home while we ate at this restaurant! The staff was very warm and welcoming! I would pay 35 euro all over again just to enjoy the amazing food. We received about 6 little bowls of appetizers, a main course and a dessert! Not one item of food disappointed us! We would recommend this place to anyone and everyone, over and over again. Enjoy!!

• Visited July 2013
Austin, Texas
“WONDERFUL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

As soon as I found out that I would be making a trip to Italy, I began to search for places to sight see and restaurants. This particular restaurant stood out to me. It took us a minute to locate it, but it was worth the search. My boyfriend called ahead and as soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by the chef himself. Our table was already set for us and we were treated like family. The food was delicious, inspiring and served beautifully. As soon as he and his wife learned that I would be returning to the US the next day, they gave me a gift of a hand painted platter from their original country. I left overwhelmed, deliciously full and happy. Definitely worth the visit.

• Visited June 2013
Barcelona
“A Middle Eastern Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Cavasso Nuovo is a small town between Maniago and Spilimbergo nestled in the foothills of the lower Dolomites in the province of Friuli. It's about a 30 minute drive from Pordenone if you use the Autostrada to Sequals and is well worth the trip. Issa (literally "Jesus"), is from Jordan, and has a select clientele that appreciates personally prepared foods with the flavors and accents of his home country. The setting is highly personalized as well with many decorations and photos of Jordan; it's an ambiance that takes you there without traveling. Issa and his wife Luciana are your personal hosts and guide you through the mix of appetizers and main dishes in a relaxed manner. It's like being at home in Jordan but in Northeast Italy. On some nights, there is also entertainment with Middle Eastern dancers. The food is always fresh and tasty. At Issa's you always leave with a smile, and a feeling of wanting to return.

• Visited May 2013
Aviano, Italy
“Top notch experience from start to finish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

A restaurant is of course ultimately about the food, which Issa delivered on in a magnificent way. However it is also about the total experience as well! From the moment you are greeted, to the manner in which you are treated throughout the entirety of the meal this restaurant made me feel very relaxed and welcome. The decor, lighting, dark wood and earthy tones of the interior really grabs you and quickly becomes subliminal as it paired perfectly with the excellent hosting of Issa and the totality made for an experience where not only do you want to come back again (for the food of course) but made the time fly by like no other. It was really easy to lose time in this place because the food is fresh and at no time did my party feel rushed at all.
The food stands out because of the freshness of the ingredients, quality of cooking, appearance and at the end of the day how Issa was able to put all these elements together and serve dishes really unlike any other in Northern Italy. Issa's passion for food is as clear as day as he has a personal high standard for his cooking and it is clearly translated to the very savory delights he presents to the table.
There is a separate room where he has a table that is low to the ground surrounding by large pillows where you are seated ground level with your party that seems like would be an awesome time! Unfortunately I didn't have a large enough party to have this room (8 required) but will be back with more people to reserve this room as it will definitely add a new dimension to the experience. Come here for the quality of the ingredients and freshly prepared delicious food. You betcha I'll be coming back.

• Visited May 2013