“Great Escape”

Ristorantino da Issa
Price range: US$36 - US$43
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Issa, è innanzitutto un amico che vi accoglie, con la moglie Luciana, nel loro caldo, esotico ristorantino. L'atmosfera che potrete condividere con gli altri ospiti, vi porterà certo a tramutare una occasionale visita, fatta per soddisfare una curiosità per dei cibi esotici ed una cucina etnica diversa, in una piacevole e ricorrente abitudine; non solo per assaporare nuovamente gli splendidi aromi sapientemente miscelati ma sopratutto per godere del calore umano e della passione che Issa saprà comunicarvi. Ed è passione vera, sincera ed incondizionata per la sua bella terra, la Giordania, per le millenarie tradizioni, per i profumi e colori, la storia l'arte. Tutta questa passione la ritroverete nella cucina di Issa, sperimentatore intelligente che riesce con grande capacità a mettere la sua penellata d'artista, personalizzando pur senza stravolgerle le ricette della più consolidata cucina medioorientale. Ma la passione non si esaurisce nel preparare pietanze, la vera passione di
Reviewed 18 September 2013

What a wonderful restaurant tucked away - Went with a friend and had such a great time and a wonderful experience. The food was very good - not as spicy as some, but still amazing. Such a nice change from the norm. The owner went above and beyond. If you have a few people - they have a room in the back where up to 12 can sit on the floor and really take in the atmosphere - We will be repeat customers

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The food was fantastic!! The owner was so hospitable and friendly, we have never had so much fun at a resturant is was like being at a family memebers house. We will definitly be returning! Highly recomend if your in the area make a reservation you will not regret it!!

1  Thank Kelsey R
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Where do I begin? I have never had Arabic food, ever... but MAN was this food amazing! I can't say I have ever been to a restaurant that has had such wonderful hospitality and amazing food!! Make sure you make a reservation so he can prepare you a wonderful dish! I loved that we felt at home while we ate at this restaurant! The staff was very warm and welcoming! I would pay 35 euro all over again just to enjoy the amazing food. We received about 6 little bowls of appetizers, a main course and a dessert! Not one item of food disappointed us! We would recommend this place to anyone and everyone, over and over again. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

As soon as I found out that I would be making a trip to Italy, I began to search for places to sight see and restaurants. This particular restaurant stood out to me. It took us a minute to locate it, but it was worth the search. My boyfriend called ahead and as soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by the chef himself. Our table was already set for us and we were treated like family. The food was delicious, inspiring and served beautifully. As soon as he and his wife learned that I would be returning to the US the next day, they gave me a gift of a hand painted platter from their original country. I left overwhelmed, deliciously full and happy. Definitely worth the visit.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Cavasso Nuovo is a small town between Maniago and Spilimbergo nestled in the foothills of the lower Dolomites in the province of Friuli. It's about a 30 minute drive from Pordenone if you use the Autostrada to Sequals and is well worth the trip. Issa (literally "Jesus"), is from Jordan, and has a select clientele that appreciates personally prepared foods with the flavors and accents of his home country. The setting is highly personalized as well with many decorations and photos of Jordan; it's an ambiance that takes you there without traveling. Issa and his wife Luciana are your personal hosts and guide you through the mix of appetizers and main dishes in a relaxed manner. It's like being at home in Jordan but in Northeast Italy. On some nights, there is also entertainment with Middle Eastern dancers. The food is always fresh and tasty. At Issa's you always leave with a smile, and a feeling of wanting to return.