“Wow! I am now addicted to zip wires!”
Review of Go Ape Whinlatter

Go Ape Whinlatter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Highest Go Ape in the country plus NEW Forest Segways It's so high you can see all the way to Scotland. Enjoy a Tree Top Adventure with us in our beautiful forest, riding zip slides through skies, over water and in England's only true mountain forest. We're sure you'll love the spectacular views of the Lake District. Swinging through the canopy, wiping out at the bottom of zip wires and going on an adventure brings people together like nothing else we've ever seen. It really does. We'll brief you for safety before you fly down our zip-wires, leap off our Tarzan Swing and tackle our crossings whilst enjoying some of Britain's most breathtaking scenery. And you can get off road and enjoy our epic forest adventure with Go Ape Forest Segway - an awesome segway experience in the Lakes with a down to earth twist. A great idea for a day out in the North Lakes (and home to Bassenthwaite ospreys), this is Go Ape at its most untamed.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 September 2014

My (?wonderful) husband booked our 2 teenagers in to Go Ape at Whinlatter recently, then informed me that they would need a participating adult as well, so very kindly booked me in!
I was not enthralled to hear this news but agreed anyway. It was pretty scary at times, especially when my daughter's equipment malfunctioned whilst we were on one of the platforms 50 feet up. The staff came quickly to fix it and apart from this one minor issue we had a ball! Don't believe the website though......says you don't really need to be fit, which I would disagree with. Some of the climbing is quite tiring and I ached all over the next day. I would thoroughly recommend Go Ape. The staff were very professional and helpful, and although at first sight the costs appear quite high it takes several hours to complete and the sense of achievement at the end is immense!

There are newer reviews for Go Ape Whinlatter

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Loved our stop there. Lovely restaurant, within the Visitors centre, and a brilliant view of Ospreys nesting in nearby nesting site. The rangers were really interesting to talk to ,and so informative! Loved watching the birds feeding on the feeders too, and the young ones on the'Go Ape'! well worth a visit!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Good fun to be had on the Go Ape tree top obstacle course along with some most excellent walks on the ground with things for the kids to have a go on to keep them interested whilst on a walk, a very good cafe area with birds that are so friendly they will land on your table. If you are into cycling hire a bike there are some good paths to follow.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Great activity for all weathers. We took 24 teenagers and they loved it. Our group of teenagers have extra medical needs and Claire the manager and her team ensured they had a great time.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The experience was brilliant fun, and I highly recommend it. However at £30 per person it is too expensive for what it is. I wouldn't every do go ape again because on the cost, not the experience.

In fact I cannot praise the staff highly enough. I got stuck to a cargo net as one of my carabina clips some how locked itself on during the big "tarzan jump" and I had to be rescued. The staff were absolutely fantastic at explaining to me what was being done every step of the way and reassuring me of my safety. Me getting stuck was a very rare fluke, so don't let it put you off. I would happily go and do all of it again, if it wasn't for the price.

I went with my husband, brother-in-law and father-in-law showing people of all ages and abilities can enjoy the day. It does need a lot of upper body strength and all of us got absolutely filthy.

Brilliant day out, even with the exciting rescue!