The location is stunning, the hotel is spotless, immaculate and welcoming. Kath and her staff are exceptionally nice. Kath is like a mother hen, always there to check if things are ok for her guests.Nothing is too much trouble for this crew. Our only reservation was the trial menu, not sure we would feel confident recommending it to friends etc. All food was lovely but very up market and we would have appreciated a few more vegetables and the occasional steak. We discussed this with Kath when we booked out and I am sure she has taken our comments on board for the future.We did get to try some food we had never eaten before - I shall never look at a wood pigeon in the same way again! Overall, very good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of EnjoyEngland Silver Excellence in Tourism Award 2011, The Taste of Cumbria and Taste of England's North West 2010, and 2 AA rosette for culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Keswick, Cumbria