What a beautiful find. We were met by Kath and we were given a very warm welcome and complimentary tea and carrot cake after we had unpacked. We had booked into the Garden Room and what a room! A fantastic bed and the most amazing wet room. We could have stayed in there the whole night. The attention to detail by Kath and her team was second to none. The food was very different from the usual restaurant, and if you stay here expecting a huge meal after a day's walking you would be very disappointed. The emphasis is on quality not quantity and the quality is out of this world. The restaurant has lovely views over the countryside. I've been amazed by some of the negative views about Kath, as we found her very helpful. We were running a race in Keswick the following morning and had forgot to pack some towels. Kath was kind enough to lend us two. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of Cumbria Tourism's Taste Cumbria 2016 and 3 AA rosette for culinary excellence. 'The Cottage' is featured in the Good Food Guide and Good Hotel Guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Keswick, Cumbria