We had a wonderful meal here. A very warm welcome with excellent attentive service. The food was wonderful, my wood pigeon was beautifully cooked and the pork belly with langoustines was full of flavour. The chocolate delice with salted caramel was one of the best chocolate deserts I have ever had and I have had a fair few! Rounded off with a nice glass of nz sauvignon and coffees with lovely petit fours. The hosts were very friendly and welcoming. Would recommend without hesitation and hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of Cumbria Tourism's Taste Cumbria 2016 and 3 AA rosette for culinary excellence. 'The Cottage' is featured in the Good Food Guide and Good Hotel Guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Keswick, Cumbria