We stayed here last year for my mum's 60th birthday and had a wonderful stay. A lovely family run place with excellent service. As well as the amazing views, we thoroughly enjoyed the food. Breakfasts and dinners were fantastic! Will definitely return in the future and would highly recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century fully renovated coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of Cumbria Tourism's Taste Cumbria 2016 and 3 AA rosette for culinary excellence. 'The Cottage' is featured in the Good Food Guide and Good Hotel Guide, and in 2017-18 was selected as Inspectors Choice by the AA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Keswick, Cumbria