Just returned from our 2nd visit to Cottage in the Wood. Last year we treated ourself to the Garden Room. This year we decided to try another room and was not disapointed. The Oak room has mountain views to die for and a whirlpool bath, which after a long days hike was welcomed. I loved the little touches. A bottle of radox bubble bath to help you soak your aches away (thank you). A good size room with a huge comfortable bed. The restuarant and chef is worth its weight in gold The food is devine and you really need to reserve a booking in advance because they get booked up quite quickly. If you are looking to try some exciting new food then this is the place to be. A great location and even though you are literally in the middle of the forest, there is a bus that drives past the door which you can flag down or just walk approx 4-5 minutes up the long winding forest road for the bus stop. I could say so much more but I want to get back to my diary to check for dates. Thank you Kath & Liam for looking after us again. See you soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of EnjoyEngland Silver Excellence in Tourism Award 2011, The Taste of Cumbria and Taste of England's North West 2010, and 2 AA rosette for culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Keswick, Cumbria