The night we went to The Cottage in the Wood it was pouring with rain--well it is the Lake District. We were met at the door by very friendly staff and made welcome. The menu was talked through and we were offered a good choice of drinks. The starter of lobster salad was not as we expected and rather fussy--it did taste fine. The turbot was excellent with tasty accompaniments. The desert was devine--passion fruit soufflet. Throughout the staff were chatty and service was good. If you like fancy food try it, we did enjoy the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of EnjoyEngland Silver Excellence in Tourism Award 2011, The Taste of Cumbria and Taste of England's North West 2010, and 2 AA rosette for culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Keswick, Cumbria