Stayed 2 nights at The Cottage in the Wood last weekend, what a fantastic place, Wonderful hosts & excellent staff, tea and cakes served in the lounge on arrival,well equipped rooms, Food was to die for we had the taster menu one night can't praise the quality of the food enough, well done to the chef.
Although next to a road the amount of passing traffic was close to zero so we had a peaceful nights sleep, surrounded by forest it really is a Cottage in the wood.
Wonderful stay, only downside the Red Squirrels didn't show up while we were there, but that's wildlife for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of Cumbria Tourism's Taste Cumbria 2016 and 3 AA rosette for culinary excellence. 'The Cottage' is featured in the Good Food Guide and Good Hotel Guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Keswick, Cumbria