We found the food was excellent, from the breakfast 'specials' to the evening meals - those wonderful puddings! Kath and her staff made us most welcome and were more than helpful - even making sure my boots were dry for the next day's walking. The hotel was well situated, with all the places we wished to visit within easy reach and some beautiful forest walks just a few hundred yards away. Our rooms were immaculate and the beds comfortable. I enjoyed having relaxing baths gazing through the skylight at the stars - wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of Cumbria Tourism's Taste Cumbria 2016 and 3 AA rosette for culinary excellence. 'The Cottage' is featured in the Good Food Guide and Good Hotel Guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Keswick, Cumbria