10.09.09 the restaurant was booked for our 30th wedding anniversary and we went with friends. Unfortuately my main course order arrived incorrectly and when I questioned this I was shown the order which the waitress had taken. I disputed this and asked for fish as this was my original order I was told the fish was unavailable and I would need to choose another dish. Instead of taking the other main courses away my friends and husband were left to eat theres and I was offered rolls to eat until my main course appeared these I refused. I then had to wait further and by the time my main course arrived I had to eat this on my own. This is not the service you expect and they did their best to try and put the blame on us by showing us what had been written down at the time of ordering. We will not go back nor would I recommend it our evening was spoiled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of EnjoyEngland Silver Excellence in Tourism Award 2011, The Taste of Cumbria and Taste of England's North West 2010, and 2 AA rosette for culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Keswick, Cumbria