We stayed here for 2 nights last summer as part of a weeks walking holiday in the Lake District. The cottage is situated on the edge of Whinlatter Forest and as a result affords stunning views of Skiddaw from the conservatory (i.e. restaurant). Upon arrival we were made to feel very welcome and were offered tea and cake whilst checking in. Within half an hour we were sat by the fire (even in June it is cool at times!) eating tea and cake and felt instantly at home. We were very impressed with the fine dinners and the very reasonably priced quality wines. The room, although on the small side, was very comfortable with a great shower. All in all an excellent stay. We have since received a Christmas card and newsletter outlining Kath and Liam's future plans for the cottage and we are looking forward to returning soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of EnjoyEngland Silver Excellence in Tourism Award 2011, The Taste of Cumbria and Taste of England's North West 2010, and 2 AA rosette for culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Keswick, Cumbria