“What a find”

Price range: US$9 - US$29
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Parkfield Inn offers fresh home cooked, English food with a range of locally brewed cask ales. All served in a warm comfortable environment with friendly and effecient staff.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Yes what a find. Great food, great service. We will be going back

The cheese and onion pie was an award winner, and the lemon posset was also great, and I understand that the steak pie and lamb shank was good too, along with the chocolate orange.

A family gathering that we will repeat. Thanks everyone for a great mid week evening out.

Excellent to find somewhere this good half way between everyone.

Really easy to find and loads of parking.

5  Thank Nigel T

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stopped here recently after visiting Heaton park (10 mins away) with the dog, we fancied some lunch and googled a few pubs and this came up. Got to say it is a genuinely lovely pub, nice relaxed atmosphere, the food was tremendous, all very clearly homemade on the premises. They had a good selection of food from favourites to light bites to al a carte, etc. They have water bowls for the dogs which was nice to see. Only reason this isn't a 5 star is because we waited we'll over an hour for our lunch, luckily we didn't have to be anywhere otherwise we may have had to leave, but the wait was worth it as the food was great, it is a little on the pricey side, but it's to be expected for fresh home cooked food, we would definitely return!

3  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Been here lots great local pub...love it, relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff - Great for a Sunday roast or midweek steak.
Outside the decking area is very pleasant to sit out with a drink till the sun goes down.
A great saturday night alternative to town.

2  Thank VivienneWestwood
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We dined here last night and had one of the best meals we have eaten anywhere. The quality is always amazing but in the past I have considered the portion size of the starters a little small. All six of us had really well sized starters and all of them were beautiful. My haddock risotto with welsh rarebit topping was unreal. The main (see photo) of seabass was one of the prettiest and tastiest meals I have ever eaten. The service was superb, both of my dishes were recommended and I was very pleased with my choices. A fantastic dining experience! Oh and I should mention that as we ate in the pub area we were able to bring our pooches- where else can you eat this type of food and bring your dogs with you? FABULOUS!!!

4  Thank tangledlady
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was greeted , as I drove into the car park by the pub dog, a handsome bulldog who looked me up and down and allowed me entrance to his home.
The Inn has a nice bar area with seats along the side and a few tables on a higher level. Choice of beer was excellent as you expect these days in the halcyon days of real ale.
I was able to sample my choice of beer with no problems. The dog then welcomed me formally which was great.
I don;t really like the separate dining area set out which is why I gave 4 stars. It lacked atmosphere and me and my friend had to talk in hushed tones, although I will say that I visited during the day , it may be different at night, I will definitely visit to find out, Choice of food was outstanding, some very tempting fish and veggie options along with classic pub fayre . I only had a steak sandwich but it was delicious served with a pickle side. My friend had surloin rare and it was pleasingly well cooked. All in all I will go back and can recommend it to anyone wanting a pub dinner of top quality

2  Thank sloughnan