“Looks good but......”

Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in East Dean
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Simple food, great beer, five luxury bedrooms and a warm welcome. That’s what you can expect at the Tiger Inn. Just off the idyllic village green in sleepy East Dean, the Tiger Inn is a quintessentially English pub.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This pub is very picturesque, has recently undergone a large makeover (did that include the kitchen offerings?) and very 'popular' but I wonder how much repeat business they get. I went for lunch with a friend at her invitation. It was busy and the service was casual NOT in a good way. I had a chicken Caesar type lunch. The chicken was dry, tasteless and leathery and the salad was definitely 'so what'. As I wasn't paying I didn't make any comment at the time but note-to-self said don't bother on my own account - that's two hours of my life I'll never get back!

2  Thank RitaChevrolet

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stopped in East Dean on a day visit to Seaford & the Seven Sisters, we had been passed before but never stopped, what a pleasant surprise! A lovely little village with the Tiger Inn right in the middle surrounded by cottages with beautiful flower borders. It was a beautiful day and we managed to get a seat outside, where lots of other people were also sitting enjoying the sunshine, good food and real ales for hubby so he was happy! Would definately go back again!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I feel the need to Congratulate this beautiful village pub
My family visited this bank holiday
We had a couple of children with us and what a day !!!
Beautiful.. The best family day I've had in a very long time .
Face painting, cake decorating ,colouring they took part in a Easter egg hunt while I sat with my wife enjoying a really !!! Good!!!! Pint of legless rambler watching them laugh and run around happy
Even some adult entertainment watching an Easter bunny FAIL at the egg and spoon

GOOD CLEAN well managed well organised family fun
The atmosphere was lovely truly lovely

We'll done the Tiger

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Have to get here early to get a table, staff very helpful and obliging, Huge plate of food couldn't eat it all. Easter Sunday special menu wasn't brilliant but the grandchildren really enjoyed the burgers. The fact that it is always packed must say something.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I have just spent a lovely day enjoying the Easter fun with my wife daughter and friends at the tiger inn. It's in a beautiful setting a real village inn. The food was delicious and the staff made us feel very welcome thanks for a lovely Easter Monday. I would recommend to anyone looking for a really family friendly pub for a nice day out.