“Your Best Bet While in Baler”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bahia de Baler

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baler
Bahia de Baler
Ranked #20 of 50 Speciality Lodging in Baler
Luzon, Philippines
“Your Best Bet While in Baler”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

Based from recommendations from friends and travel blogs that I read, this resort is your best bet your in Baler so also this is one of the most expensive option that you could have while in that province and in fairness it is also the most modern-looking hotel/resort I've seen in my 3-day stay in Aurora. I would have given this resort just a rating of 3/5 but based from what I saw with other resorts in Baler I think this deserves 4/5.

The room that was given to us was generally clean from the looks of it but when I walked barefooted I felt specks of sand and dirt which a little sweeping would solve the problem. Our room price included breakfast and I like their version of the tapa which is crispier than what you can get anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kegler747

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

A rocking toilet seat. Mosquito infested. Insect screen with many holes. Tiny closet. Amaturistic design of room. Bed light fell off. Food mostly lousy. Certainly for non-Filipino's. Noisy. Two different songs played at the same time in the dining room @ 100 dB and extremely poor acoustics. The constant sound of an icecube crusher made it even worse.
Ordering a bottle of wine requires patience of 30 mins. Please bring your own cork screw.
Staff friendly but ineffective. Apparently not trained.
Room rate: Ney York 5th Avenue level. To match that: Lady owner flashing her mobile jewellery exhibition.
Location nice, but you must like the sound of tricycles. The cove: Give it a miss unlike you like to be scorched - no adequate shade. No facilities whatsoever.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank EurFam

Travellers are raving about these Baler hotels

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

My friends and I wanted to try out surfing and according to some people we know, Sabang beach in Baler is one of the best surf spots in the Philippines. Having known this info, we started scouting for some accommodations during the Travel tour expo last February. We went around the different booths that participated and we found one that is located in Baler. Upon looking at their brochure and website, it is pretty obvious that Bahia de Baler fits our preference. The sales team of Bahia addressed all of our queries and arranged a fuss free itinerary for our trip. This made us very excited. Upon arriving in Baler, which is a bit tiring because of the long bus ride from Cubao, the staff of Bahia made sure that all of our needs were met. Since were 6 in the group, they gave us 2 rooms at triple sharing. The rooms are very cozy and we were able to rest well. The food that they served us during breakfast is also delicious and what favored our taste buds was the Pako, Baler's traditional dish made of fern and other vegetables. Being a health freak, the Pako is the perfect dish for my surfing adventure trip. We enjoyed the surfing lessons we got from 'Charlie Does' and thanks to the Bahia team for arranging all the sessions for us. At night, my friends and I had a laid-back chill session at Bahia's Pavilion...it is the perfect place to chat and have a cold beer with friends since it is along the shore and you can just stay there the entire night around a bonfire. the only thing i didnt like was the construction that's going on during our stay. The staff told us that they are opening a bigger beach front resort by the middle of this year. It is a bit noisy at some areas but nonetheless, when this new Bahia resort opens, I'm sure they will be able to give us better service and make our stay more enjoyable. I am super looking forward to that! My Baler trip is one of those that i will never forget because i felt so relaxed throughout my stay... not to mention the fun surfing adventure that i had. I will definitely go back to Baler and stay at Bahia because the service is good and we all felt safe. Good Job!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Manila
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

We used to stay at this hotel before the renovations started and we didn't have complaints about our stay. But this time, it really ticked us off. We got the Casa Loft which had two floors with one bed on each floor. We were told that the base rate was Php 5,500 and additional Php 1,222 for each person. We found out that the room's base capacity is 2 persons, for any additional person we had to pay extra. A loft for 2 persons only?! Where on earth does that make sense!? Obviously you can easily fit 2 people in one bed. We tried to dispute this matter at the front desk when we were settling the bill hoping that it was a misunderstanding. But no. It was true.

Aside from this we were paying a 5 star rate for a room that smelled like paint, doesn't have cabinets, nor a trash bin, and with a large balcony without any patio furniture. No receiving table of any sort. The only furniture aside from the bed, was the tv stand. They shouldnt be asking full price if they're still renovating!

The bathroom was also renovated which was okay aside from the fact there was a huge glass where you can see everything inside the restroom. There were so many of us and this kind of setup was not acceptable so we had to ask for them to cover the glass with paper or something. They were very unprofessional and the staff didn't seem to have the information. For evey little inquiry, they had to pick up the phone to call someone who knew the information we were asking about.

We wouldn't have been pissed off if we weren't paying 8k a night. But we were and we expected service worth the money we paid. This would be a good hotel if they just had the same rates as the other resorts in beach. Considering, they're not even considered beach front because they're building a huge building in front of the hotel blocking the beach view. You can't even check the waves from the room like you could before.

Overall, they are overpriced, unprofessional, inconvenient and unreliable. The staff seemed irritated when we were asking why they had to keep a loft for 2 people only. Never stay at this hotel. They are money-hungry.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
12 Thank Vaughsn
Angeles City, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

As you can see the hotel is not cheap. it is I think the most expensive hotel in Baler there are other available hotels with complete and clean amenities. The first time I saw the hotel it was beautiful. upon check in everything was okay however when i lifted the pillow in my bed there were ANTS all over the bed!!! discusting!!!!!! i had to ask the hotel staff to change everything including the bedsheets! yuck! good thing i was bringing my own pillow and comforter. I ended using my own things. Service was not so great! it was just normal nothing special compare to other cheaper hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Look for other hotels this one is not so great they will charge you more but you onloy get less!