“All creatures great and small and a fantastic Land Lady on top of all!!!”
Review of Prysgoed

Prysgoed
Ranked #1 of 5 Llwyngwril B&B and Inns
Normandy, Surrey
“All creatures great and small and a fantastic Land Lady on top of all!!!”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

On our trip to North Wales, the Llyn Peninsula, we made a stop in Llwyngwril at Sue s house. It was a very warm and relaxed welcome from the Landlady and Taffy the dog. How nice to be greeted by such a lovely and calm dog. Our room was very clean and cosy and so was the house. We really enjoyed the bathroom not only because it was so pretty as well because of the Fish tank! Sue is obviously an Animal Lover which suits us to the ground.
The house is situated in a beautiful village in a quiet dead end road. Just a few minutes from the trainstation and a lovely beach with a breathtaking view to the Llyn Peninsula and the Costal Line. There is a small village shop and a pub but it is also not far to drive to Fairbourne to a proper sandy beach and if you like indian food. there is an authentic Indian Restaurant. Its recommended to book in advance. Barmouth, Portmadog and many more wonderful places to go to. Ask Sue, she knows these places and how to get there. She was very helpful.

Thanks again, dear Sue, we will certainly visit again not only because of your tasty breakfast.

Isabell and John

Dear Reader, please forgive me my English. I am not a native speaker. Thanks.

Room Tip: Very quiet front or back.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
prysgoed, Owner at Prysgoed, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Hi there Isabell and John. Thank you for your review. I usually Keep Taffy away from guests, especially at breakfast, as not everyone likes having dogs around and I like my guests to be comfortable. I remember that you said you love dogs and was looking forward to meeting him and that was why I allowed him to greet you on your arrival. He certainly took to you both and is indeed, very well behaved. The fish are a great talking point and guests find them entertaining while waiting for their breakfast to be freshly cooked. I hope you are both well and I look forward to having you stay with me again when you next come to Llwyngwril again.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We arrived at 10:00 on a dark Saturday night. A short walk from the Railway Station, the door was open and the Land Lady welcomed us in. Nice, welcoming Lady. We had only booked the night before.
Lovely place. Big old Victorian terrace, with loads of charactor.
The room was tastefully decorated and furnished. Bathroom very smart. Very Clean. Would go back again.
The beach was a tranquil 5 minute walk down a winding Green path, beautiful.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
prysgoed, Owner at Prysgoed, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. I hope you enjoyed your walk before your journey home. The weather was good and I expect the views were amazing. I look forward to seeing you again when you are hiking in this area again. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and I hope it is not too long before I am able to welcome you again.
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed at Prysgoed for 3 nights and can't praise it enough. Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean, with lots of extra little touches to hep make our stay comfortable and homely.
The bathroom is amazing with a huge bath and excellent shower. The tropical fish in both the bathroom and dining room are fascinating!
Sue was very welcoming and filled us up with huge breakfasts every morning.
We'll definitely recommend Prysgoed to anyone looking for a B&B in west Wales.
A gem of a find!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
prysgoed, Owner at Prysgoed, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I look forward to welcoming you again.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We were not sure what to expect but my, did we get a surprise. The accommodation with attention to detail which made our stay very, very comfortable especially after a long day of hiking in this beautiful region. Sue was very welcoming and I could have stayed there whole day chatting to her. Very helpful with advise and recommendations which always helps when you don't know the area. Having been deprived of decent coffee in previous B&Bs I stayed, being finally served a nice pot of proper coffee was the best and most appreciated feature of our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
prysgoed, Owner at Prysgoed, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at Prysgoed. I also enjoyed our chat.
Kilsyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Very welcoming owner who is more than happy to provide for specific dietary requirements which is such a relief! Beautiful area of Wales to visit with wonderful views and the beach within easy reach for a stroll after breakfast. Very comfortable family house where you'll find really nice complimentary touches like toiletries, bathrobes and single use slippers! Great for cutting down on your luggage needs!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
prysgoed, Owner at Prysgoed, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
It was a pleasure to have you here and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Myself and my wife stayed here last year and we had a really comfortable stay. The rooms are clean, large and had TVs, tea and coffee and slippers (disposable ones) too!

The bathroom is huge with both a bath and a seperate shower with views out over the sea.

The piece de resistance is the ample breakfast provided. hearty breakfasts for walkers and even gluten free options too. My wife is ceoliac so it is rare for her to be able to have a good breakfast when we go away.

Room Tip: Chose any, they are all good. If you have dietry requirements let sue know and she will arrange ever...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
prysgoed, Owner at Prysgoed, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thank you for your review. I do enjoy serving a really good breakfast and like everyone to have a choice even if they have a restrictive diet. I am glad you enjoyed yours here.
saskatoon
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Sue was a gracious hostess, breakfast was tasty, and the location absolutely perfect. A short walk to the beach and that gorgeous view. I was concerned about my aunt's limited mobility but parking right out front and an easy to use lift made our visit perfect. My aunt and I really enjoyed our all to short visit. Thanks.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llwyngwril
Bae Abermaw
The Slate Shed B &B at Graig Wen
Brackenhurst House
Brackenhurst House
#1 of 1 in Fairbourne

Been to Prysgoed? Share your experiences!