Dalma Court Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Henderson
Dalma Court Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were lawn bowlers staying 6 nights at this motel. On arrival, we discovered there had been a mistake with the booking and had to point out quite firmly that we had a family unit booked. Eventually we ended up in the family unit, only to discover a dirty frypan in the cupboard and absolutely no pots at all. Half a roll of toilet paper for three women wasnt going to last either. The cleanliness of the unit wasnt great and the servicing of the units even less. Top covers were pulled up without even smoothing out the sheets in the bed. Utensils were very short of supply with no can opener to be found in several of the units that other bowlers were staying in. The beds were quite comfortable so I guess not everything was bad.

For the price of $150 per night for three of us we felt we did not get good value for money at any stage.

The television sets in most of the units including ours were antiquated and most definitely wouldnt be working after 1st December and a very limited selection of channels which were mostly in black and white and viewing was as if television had just been launched in NZ!!!

Not a great deal other than the proximity to the Henderson Bowling Club.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jill M

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed 4 nights at this hotel as it was close to family. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the room adequate though dated and in real need of an update. The shower corners all had copious silicon around them in a color not matching the grout, the carpet, fixtures and paint were tired. The window didn't close properly and rattled all the time in the wind.

Room service was a joke. Two days out of the 4 they made my bed, but never my daughter's. Soaps, shampoos and tea/coffee were not replaced when used.

However, it was checkout that topped all of these. I went to the office 4 times, as well as ringing them twice, in an attempt to get someone there to check us out. Nobody answered the reception line and I had to ring the hotel landline to get a grumpy sounding woman who said someone would be down. No one came. We were on a time schedule so I looked around the unattended office for some blank paper to write on. I thought I'd write on the back of an unused check in form. Alas, they were so cheap they'd photocopied them onto old, already used paper. We left without paying.

About 1/2 hour later I managed to get the grumpy lady on the phone and explained my frustration and actions (while on the road), and told her to email me their back account details so I could pay them. Over the course of the day I received 2 calls from them (one from another lady who barely spoke English) asking me to ring and give them my credit card details so they could charge it. I ignored the request and they, eventually, sent me their bank account details as I requested, and I paid them immediately.

To this point, I have received no acknowledgement or thanks from them for paying despite their incredibly poor service. I could not recommend this place for any reason - even price, which was not that cheap. I'm surprised at other reviews of the place giving it 4 stars - they must be very easily satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 20 October 2013

While the motel was very affordable, I dont think price should be at the expense of quality. We stayed for 3 nights, with 3 children & 2 adults. When we arrived, they had the wrong room booked for us (only had 2 beds), they then gave us another room, after we had unpacked they then came & told us that room was no good & could we move to another room! The hostess did not speak very good english & had no local knowledge of the area, her son had to be called on each occasion to speak with us. The units are terribly dated, towels, face clothes were stained. The oven did not work properly. The jug had plastic flaking off at the pourer, we went through 3 jugs before we got one that was safe & usable & i'm sure these will all end up back in the rooms! There was no designated parking so cars were parked all over the place! The restuarant was not operating & there was no advertisement of this. The 1 tv in the lounge needed a magnifying glass to watch & the tv reception was very poor. On the plus, the units were very spacious & great for a family. Overall I was not impressed & certainly will not be reccommending this place to others & after actually reading reviews on the internet after the fact, it seems this is a very common theme for this motel! Next time I will definitely read reviews first!

Room Tip: Try not to get an inside corner room, they are extremely dark & dingy!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed her with 2 friends and my 2 kids. Was hard to find reasonably priced accommodation

We had a 2 bedroom unit with bed in the lounge. Nice and spacious. Dated but clean enough.

Shame you had to prebook the spa to use it. This meant you couldnt just decide to use it.
Restaurant was closed too which was a bit of a pain

We needed a cab. The company they referred us to were dreadful. So dalma court please refer a different one. We had to ring it too. Would have thought they would.

Minor nuisances aside it was great value for money. A few changes would make a world of difference

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 14 October 2012

After reading some of these reviews after I had booked, it was with some trepidation that I stayed at the motel with my son and two other primary school aged children while we visited Auckland for a school event. It was fine - clean, recently re-decorated, plenty of towells, soaps etc. The family unit configuration was good too - two separate bedrooms (one twin, one double) as well as one bed in the lounge so we could spread out and I didn't have to share a room with one of the children! The shower base made a little bath so you could use that to bath smaller children instead of using the shower.

The unit had a full stove as well as a microwave so I could cook a meal too.

I found it good value to get a 2-bedroom unit for that price, it was quiet while still close to the events centre we were visiting. I booked via email and that worked very well too.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank RRuth_12
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The Dalma Court was comfortable, spacious and very well equipped. The rooms were cleaned every day and the lined refreshed daily.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Paul J
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We decided to saty here because it was close to the function we were attending. First impressions were "ok" but by check out time we were very disappointed. It is noisy, old and worn out and needs a good clean. If you can, find somewhere else to stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank HAM104
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Quality Hotel Lincoln Green
#1 of 1 in Henderson
Sunset Lodge Motel
Sunset Lodge Motel
#1 of 4 in Henderson

Been to Dalma Court Motor Inn? Share your experiences!