“Quite Impressed”

Gold Coast Morib International Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Banting
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Having read the numerous comments before going to the Resort, my family and I were understandably very apprehensive about how our experience would be at the Resort. We booked for 2 rooms for the night of 6 Nov 2013, a Weekday. Surprisingly, the check-in process was smooth and there were not many guests in the queue. My requests sent earlier via email were all met - rooms adjacent to each other located on higher floor and facing the water theme park. We found that both the rooms were spacious and clean. The air-cond, the television, the kettle, the jacuzzi and the toilet and shower were all in good working order. We were indeed pleased. As our stay was during a week day, the Resort coped very well. However, I believe that the adverse comments were from guests who stay during week-ends and school holidays. During these periods the Resort will have full occupancy and the staff manpower are stretched to its limit to provide the acceptable level of service to meet the varying needs of guests. The view from the 5th floor balcony was fantastic– the beautiful water theme park and the rolling waves of the nearby sea, Our two grand-daughters enjoyed the time they had in the pool experiencing the slides, the cascading water, etc. The selection of food served for breakfast was more than adequate. The staff were friendly and warm; they were efficient in clearing the breakfast tables and quickly getting them ready for the the next set of guests. I was caught pleasantly surprised by a “thank you” uttered by the young fella manning the entrance as we exited the breakfast area. Well done! It is the little thing that creates an impression, that makes the difference in the customers' perception they take home from their stay at the Resort.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors, facing the water theme park. Avoid staying during week-ends or school holid...

Reviewed 15 November 2013

my friends and I (5 families) have stayed at this resort during the Deepavali weekend. Prior to our trip, I have made a quick look at the reviews in here and most of it is horrible. So I have alerted all my friends on it. Reached there at 4pm and the check in was not that bad but when we got to the room, some of the rooms are not made up as yet. As we have expected, so we let them to clean it up while we just quickly have a change to have a swim at the themepark (it was 5pm and the pool closed at 7pm).

The cleaner forgotten to put some towels in all our rooms but I have told my friends earlier to bring own towels to avoid frustration. however they did send it over later to our rooms.

Lots of people at the themepark but all of us had fun especially the adults playing the slides etc.

Dinner - I have viewed 1 seafood restaurant nearby prior and recommended to my friends. its just 200m from the hotel... and WOW what a night... the food is super awesome.. fast service !! all agreed that its the best seafood we ever had and we don't mind to come again just for the seafood. its "GOLDEN SEA". its a MUST GO if you are staying at the hotel cos its just nearby. you can even walk there. of cos we didn't cos we have kids with us.

The breakfast is obviously not at top notch as of course we are also not in a top notch hotel too. We just need to make sure our stomachs are filled before we headed to the themepark again. So their small and simple spread just sufficient for all of us.

Some of our rooms - water leaking from the washbasin. The jacuzzi not working.

Overall its a quick 1night getaway for all of us. but we make it enjoyable as much as we could.

Room Tip: Have less expectation so could avoid some frustration. Request for themepark / seaview or higher f...
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My sister suddenly having nonstop diarrhea and vomited that causing her dizzy and not able to walk around 12.40am midnight.I went to the reception to asked for the nearest clinic or hospital and told the receptionist about my sister's condition.
Then he arranged a security officer for my sister's assistance.The security officer suggested using wheel chair to send her into our van,so that we can save the ambulance charges.
Finally,we managed to sent her to hospital for treatment.This is our second time vacation in Gold Coast Morib Resort.We had a great vacation in here during our first vacation.Although our second trip turned not so well but the kind and helpful receptionist,especially the security officer really helped us a great deal and it means so much to us.

2  Thank munha411
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was staying in this hotel for just to have a weekend break from busy city.

Already read all the review, i already have a really low expectation on staying in this hotel.

indeed the only reason to stay in this hotel is the water park, and no other reason even though the Jacuzzi is quite decent in the room. I request for a king bed but the rooms with the king bed was facing the road and the view is really unpleasant. so i chose the twin bed room with the water park view. if you were lucky to have room from 3rd floor and above, you might have the sea view.

you might need your own transport to travel around as i want to eat local food around the town and choose not to enjoy the hotel buffet.

If you choose to stay on weekend, the water park was really crowded. Most weekends, there is company who organized their family day and there will be super crowded. and i think the cleanliness problem faced by most of the guest is because of overcrowded guest during the weekends.

however, this hotel might be a good stay if you brings your family along and the kids will really enjoy the water park.

p/s: the hotel rate was quite expensive.

Room Tip: choose higher floor, request for sea view, try to request the room early to get king bed with sea vi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We had fun staying here just because of the Water Park as it is very suitable for toddlers and young family to spent fun weekend time

However, the hotel or 'Resort' is another story. This is definitely not a Resort. A motel maybe. 2 star hotel. The proximity of the hotel and the water park is very very near which as a result, you'll find the floors are all wet & slippery esp after the closing of the water park at around 7pm. The mgmt seem to build this place with little consideration of practicity, nice deco or even comfortness. It truly does not live up to its name. Gold Coast as all other people might imagine is somewhere relaxing, nice and soothing. not this place.

There are 5 big living complex with quite a small water park. Believe me, other than the water park & the beach (which you can't even swim in) there are no other attraction. The living ratio seems to outweigh the activities which makes this place really crowded on peak hours.

Hygiene is the biggest issue in all rooms. Bought 2 rooms and both room are quite dirty. 1st thing I saw when I came in the room, lots of spiderweb around the aircond! OMG! Spiderweb? how old is this place? come on just use the broom to clean it! if there's a broom in that room, I will do it myself! You can even see dirt on the sink and dust on the side table as if the cleaner does not care that it needs to be clean!! The mgmt need to do something abt this. At least, have a supervisor to ensure that all cleaning in each room should be in certain level for this place to at least be a 'resort'

Btw, bought a quite cheap deal on Group On which I think is ok. If to book this with its published rate, I don't think its worth it.

I will recommend just because you can have fun and good family time BUT bare in mind don't have any high expectations. Although I can see that the staff especially (the reception) is doing everything their can to improve this place

But seriously this place can be more than it is now. There is so much improvement can be done, the mgmt please take note!!

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 9 November 2013

There is a value able t-shirt and phone charger is stolen by the hotel in room 2240 on 08/11/2013 please slender our things be for I made an police report the dress in my bag they open my back and stolen better I will not give any rating for this hotel better I take any other hotel

Room Tip: change the worker
3  Thank Kugendran M
Reviewed 8 November 2013

As a belated birthday present for my wife, I decided to book this hotel after i bought a special rate of RM198 via Groupon. The rate was for 2D1N including buffet dinner and breakfast as well as the water theme-park for two. After i went through the reviews in trip advisor, i kinda expect this place to be nothing extravagant. I was right.

The room:
We got the studio suite which is just nice for two. The downside side was we already requested a king-size bed but when we checked in, they informed us that only twin-beds were available. The only room available with king bed was the one facing a factory with a very unpleasant smell across the road. Since we were not willing to smell the stench all night so we decided to take the room with twin bedding but facing the theme park. The good part was the bathroom has a jacuzzi which was clean and functioning. We enjoyed the jacuzzi so much. If not for it, the room would have been less than average. TV channels were basic, nothing special. Beds and pillows were so-so.

The dinner:
Dinner was something we looked forward to as we were quite hungry when we arrived at the resort. Unfortunately, we were disappointed as the food was tasteless, and to be honest, was not up to the standard for a resort. We just ate our food just to make our money worth it as we already paid for it.

The breakfast:
To our surprise, breakfast was great. The variety was quite a lot and most importantly, the taste was way better than any of the food we had for our dinner. My wife enjoyed the vanilla pudding so much. For the breakfast, thumbs up.

Theme-park:
The theme-park is not as big as sunway lagoon, but my wife and I enjoyed the slides. The waterpark was designed for children so all the pools were quite shallow. The water was clean and i find the water park quite relaxing. We really had a good time there.

As a conclusion, this resort is only worth a stay if you managed to the special rate for your stay. The normal price were RM400++ and it definitely does not justify that price tag if I were to pay for it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water park. If possible, level 5 and above!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banting
Hotel Impian Morib
Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside
Dorsett Putrajaya
Dorsett Putrajaya
#6 of 9 in Putrajaya

Been to Gold Coast Morib International Resort? Share your experiences!