“not bad for family trip”

Gold Coast Morib International Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Banting
kuala lumpur
“not bad for family trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed for a night in 3 bedrooms apartment. The apartment complete with small kitchen, dining and living area. Both bathrooms have free standing shower and no tub. Amenities include shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrush, comb, shaver, cotton bud, shower cap and sewing kit. Overall the apartment in a good condition except for the 3rd bedroom which quite small, no air cond (fan only) and the wall full of graffiti by kids i assumed.

The water theme park was quite small but good enough to entertain kids. Guests didn't really followed swimming dress code here, i supposed it just not that strict. So, shirt seems to be acceptable in the pool.

Buffet breakfast near the beach. The resort set up huge canopy and it seemed a bit chaotic and hot as well with lots of people all in one place. There were 2 buffet lines but we need to line up quite some time to get the food as there just too many people. The table cloth quite dirty as i think they short of staff to control a big crowd and clean up the tables.

The resort just a short drive from KL, so very packed on weekend. Good accommodation but i think they need better planning for buffet breakfast. Beach wise nothing to shout about. They have nice huts to hang out but thats it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank HandpkWanderluster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Indonesian first
KL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Went on a short getaway with friends to Morib and chosen to stay at this hotel on a deal purchased online. It was a worthwhile-stay as a whole. Although it took us some time during the check-in, but i guess that's normal for a hotel that accommodates hundreds of rooms. Upon entering the room, we were delighted with the clean and nice studio suite completed with comfy bed and exciting jacuzzi experience. Our rooms overlooking out to the water theme park and beach are some of the best things ever happened in our trip. Water park is small, yet we could get all the fun playing around the low-challenge-level slides and tunnels, probably because we are not too fond of fierce water sports/ activities anyway. It's evident that everyone in there enjoys spending time with friends and family, in the water. So rather than going for might-be-way-too-vigorous-or-heart-pounding water sports in KL renowned theme park like the sunway's or other, I would recommend the water theme park in GCRM especially for the family with teenage and children. We were also surprised that despite some of the bad reviews for the food the hotel served, we managed to find our pleasure in enjoying their buffet dinner and breakfast. A wide variety of food was served and the taste was good and fine that we wish we had a bigger stomach! Just go for the buffet if you'd like to have both oriental and western delicacies at any one time, they are just superb enough to make you full and happy.

Room Tip: Request for a front-facing room overlooking the water theme park and beach. The scenery is just so l...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

FIrstly the check in service is bad. The hotel have various of promotion / offer and the staffs are not helpful as they confused themselves on the package I have purchased and never pass me the buffer dinner voucher (lucky I check with them). While waiting to check in, I heard from the other was saying out of 7 rooms, 2 of it the Jacuzzi is not functioning. Am too unlucky and facing the same issue for my room. Technician and and fixed it, and I need to become part time cleaner as the jacuzzi tub is super dirty. After cleaning finally I have to wait the water to stock up for Jacuzzi. Another drawback yet to come, once u r done and wanna let go the water from the tub, basically the water jz pouring to the bathroom floor and make it flood. All dirty is on the floor and the pipe is stuck so water is going out very slowly. Dinner is nothing. normal food. It may worth a visit if you have kids and wanna bring them to water theme park. But even though I will suggest for other water theme park :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Banting hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

The location signage to the hotel is not very clear, so if you are traveling by car be sure to be ready with GPS or call them for direction, well this is my second time here, no improvement at all, those who have book room here please call to confirmed or you will have problem checking in to the hotel which will spoil your holiday mood, that also if you called get answered. I called 3x to no answer only the 4th call was successful. Check in as always with a long long Q, got a room on 4th floor but went up room door cant be open, have to go down again to activate the key with no apology. Didn't expect it anyway. Room do have a good size for couple and family but the AC is too small for such a room. Our room was warm and survive by the ceiling fan.Maintenance and cleaning standard of room is very poor, for breakfast better be early or you will missed or have to wait for the food to be refilled especially on Sunday morning. Clearing of plates, you are lucky if they do so without you calling. Promotional rate going for RM168.00 with few T&C, it is still worth it if you are mentally ready and prepared for what is to come. Do not have high expectation for this property.

Room Tip: Even room numbers face the pool/theme park and beach/sea
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nyms43
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have booked the studio suite before reading the reviews on this site and was very worried after reading all of the bad reviews. Have mentally prepared my hubby and myself before our trip and brought along the stuff that we would need to use just in case they are faulty/missing in the hotel (such as towels, hair dryer etc). We went quite early to check in at around 1pm (read about the expected long queue during check in especially during public holidays/weekends/school holidays) and quite happy that the queue was still okay (just 2 - 3 guests in front of us). Was pleased as the front desk assistant could allocate higher floor king sized bed room facing the themepark for us (We were staying at Room 2736) however we could only get our keys at 3pm which was okay for us as we wanted to drive out to Tj. Sepat for lunch. Managed to take our keys at 3pm+ and were relieved that our room has already been cleaned and tidied up. Checked on everything (the jacuzzi tub, hot water, all lights, TV, aircon etc) and all were working fine! We have a great view from our room facing the themepark and seaview and the best part was we could not hear the shouts/noise from the people playing at the themepark which was important as we have a young kid with us. Went to the themepark to play and we were enjoying ourselves there though some of the pools were a bit sandy. After our swim, we went to enjoy the jacuzzi in our room. The only complaint that we have was the aircon was not cold like all the others reviewed before especially the sun was shining directly at our room during noon/evening. Besides that, the smell from the animal feed plant was very strong especially during evening and night time. The breakfast selection was not great but sufficient however the waiter/waitress were very slow on picking up the empty/dirty dishes. Overall, we were happy with our stay as we really expected the worst however it turned out to be fine, not as bad as what we had read.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor rooms (Level 6 and above) at Block 2 facing the themepark/seaview.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Klang, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I'm booking 2 studio suite for my daughter birthday celebration together with my in law. Here is some of the comments:
-front desk: never bother or read carefully the booking is 2 room and just give 1 key. Need to remind them again then said "oh really?".
-room: dirty. I can tell you the housekeeping service or standard is too lousy. The door is with dust , you can see with your bare eyes. Toilet, the floor filled with sand and water in the toilet floor. I can tell you they are just using the water and spray on the floor or the toilet bowl then considered "Clean up already". The bathroom sink -water cannot go down after washed hand, seems like something stucked inside as i can see some of the food outside the sink. As room phone cannot be used, i have to open the sink cover and try to take out the food which might left by the previous room user. Water still cannot go down,with no choice, i used the water pipe which installed near by the sink and flush directly to the hole. Omg, chicken bone and foods come out from the sink. Problem settled.
As for the toilet floor, need to use water spray over the bathroom some many round then the sand out from the floor not 100% but at least 80%.
-phone line cannot be used, so i checked the point and found it totally broke. The light beside the phone also not functioning. While i try to trouble shoot the phone and light, i accidently remove the bed to another side. What a suprise,i found those used cotton bud and some cracker plastic together with "some" hair under the bed!
-extra bed: during booking and check in already mentioned and stated "need extra bed". Front desk said will arrange but until evening the bed still not arrive. Go to counter again and they only said you must pay then they arrange! OMG, why they never mentioned when we check in? I did asked and they said ok. Made the payment and been informed will be send over to my room in 5 minutes. Until 10pm the bed still not arrive and have to go downstair and talk to the front desk. They replied "long time sent already"..come on, if sent, what for i go to see you and complaint ...speechless. The bed arrived nearly 11pm.
-food: breakfast better then dinner.
-overall conclusion: not worth for money. I like travelling around and i don't think i'm a choosy person. But this resort can be the worst and horrible hotel that i ever been. I think budget hotel is better and clean then this resort. This is the first time i have to "work" and "clean" for the room that i stayed.
One more thing, the phone number for this resort always "no body pick up". Called from morning untill night to ask or make a reservation, the phone still in the sleeping mode. I think better remove the phone number from the website or terminate it as it is "useless".

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ben2628
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

My first and could be my last. Its school holiday and I understand if the queue so long during check in. Bad experience start when they couldn't find my booking upon arrival even made it a day before through agoda. Booked for studio suite and its doesn't like what I expected. Room was dusty, stain on bed sheet and etc. Worst part is no power supply in my room till maintenance guy have to come twice and the third time I have to change my room without any apology from the receptionist! Any extra items like pillow if u request wont be entertained as they dont provide. Wonder If they do have operator coz nobody answer my call since arrived. Restaurant okay and food was nice. There's lots of things to improve. I just like jacuzzi in the room. Its great! Thanks.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Harry0993
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banting
Bata Merah Boutique Hotel
Tune Hotel KLIA 2
Tune Hotel KLIA 2
#4 of 13 in Sepang
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,714 reviews

Been to Gold Coast Morib International Resort? Share your experiences!