“Poor Management”

Gold Coast Morib International Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Banting
“Poor Management”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Poor management. Checked in need to queue for 30 minutes even though 3 counters open. After checked in we need to move on to another queue which takes another 30-40 minutes to collect our key. The hotel lobby are wet most of the time. They should put on more blower to dry up the place. Staff are not easy to communicate. They have troublesome to reply us in English, end out we spoke to them in Malay. Overall, is not a nice place to stay. Do improve your hotel management.

Room Tip: Room facing the pool with balcony are noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tigerrr87

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 24 March 2014

There are ton's of cheap coupons for stay at this hotel - and now we know why:
a) Check-in took 45 minutes - 3 counter open. There was a set-up of additional counter at the side of the reception area but they were all not open - why set-up then?
b) Rooms are okay - but do not expect more than a 3-star bedroom. No soap and shampoo at the bathroom. Room phone was not working (we also had another booking for the 2 bedroom apartment - their phone was also not working) so we think the hotel deliberately cut off all phone line so ppl cannot call to complaint. Had to walk down to the reception to request.
c) Requested for extra bed - they did not have... only had "Air Mattress" and that took 2 hours to arrive.
d) Water Park - was badly managed - people with all form of clothing could go in. At all pools the water was dirty and so was the toilet
e) Breakfast was another sad story - because they had so many ppl - they open up a canopy area near the beach for breakfast. The choises were - mee goreng, nasi tomato, bread, sausages, pre-fried eggs and coffee and tea.

Never will we return nor recommend to anyone to go.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mich6650

Travellers are raving about these Banting hotels

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 March 2014

1 - Booked for Double Bed, get 2 Single Bed. Can't change.
2 - Get a dirty room. Need to change room.
3 - Need to wait for another 15 minutes while standing with luggage.
4 - Telephone inside room is of no use. You can't even call reception.
5 - Asked for an iron. Need to wait for 2 hours before I lose patience.
6 - Need to go to reception using stair asking for iron.
7 - Waiting for another 45 minutes and still no iron.

p/s : seriously..buy a tent and go camping. this is the most terrible hotel/resort that i've been to. if there is any good review for this hotel, it's totally a bull. somebody has paid them to write a good review.

Room Tip: there is no good room. seriously. i'm not joking. go find a better hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank naim1984
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in my life.
1. There was a leakage in the washroom (it was flooded). I couldn't understand why they had to allocate that room to us because we were there mid of the week in January. It took 3 complaints to get someone to look at it. I also faced problems getting more towels to dry the floor
2. Front desk calls not answered most of the time.
3. Safe was locked and after 2 calls,someone came to open it. Since we were going out, I left the personnel there. I was shocked to find that he left the door of the room open after he left!
Since there was still leakage I requested for a room change. And I got a room where the air-con was not working!
I then requested to see the floor manager but apparently he was too busy to entertain a frustrated guest. So, I met up with the assistant manager. I told her all my experience and requested for a room that everything works. After almost 1/2 day waiting, I was allocated a room that smelled bad and had a dirty wall. At this point, I gave up.
Guess what I found upon departure? A used diaper under the bed!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Stephannie_11
london
Reviewed 28 February 2014

so first the good things: the pools are fun and not too crowded, the location's an interesting drive to get to if you're not from Malaysia, and the staff are friendly if not efficient. But it the beds are shocking, we were unable to get an extra bed for our toddler to sleep in (so we ended up sharing), the A/C in the rooms switches off when you leave (so you come back to a baking hot room), the towels are tiny, and all the towels and sheets were dirty. The restaurant is shockingly bad (it's obvious that the chefs don't eat the food they're serving), and there's not much nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rob096
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had a pleasant holiday here for 3D2N, Price is cheap, buffet dinner and breakfast is good, room is cosy, clean with a nice view of the water park, bathroom is first class, the shower is nice, view is fantastic. Our 5 yr old daughter really enjoyed her stay here. The experience really surprised us, for the money we paid we expected to crashed out but this turns out to be an amazing resort. The water park is nice, life guard is everywhere keeping tabs.

Only complained we had is: reception during check in was slow, took about 30 mins, the guy standing in front of the lobby door never bother to open the door despite seeing both my hands full of luggage, but he did had the cheek to wish me hello with a smile. The waterpark should be more strict with swimmers attire, people are wearing jeans and swimming, I was tempted to asked the life guard if I could wear my Nike sneakers into the pool.

Anyway for the money we paid, this resort is really value for money, will we return, yes! this time with a bigger crowd.

Room Tip: Pick a room not facing the evening sun.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Bought a coupon and did not much survey and cause a really bad experience..

Jacuzzi not functioning at all.. Called the technician and waited for 4 to 5 hour.. After that.. He told me nth can do.. So I told him will request another room and the jacuzzi still had same issue.. So wait another few hour and he said fixed.. What I saw he did nth.. I clearly saw the wire pulled out and that cause nt functioning.. What more, their technician is debating what cause to issue.. Omg..

I also wasted few hour it clean up the jacuzzi..

Please stay away from this hotel..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Traveler007james
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banting
Hotel Impian Morib
Seri Malaysia Bagan Lalang Sepang
Seri Bayu Resort
Seri Bayu Resort
#10 of 14 in Sepang

Been to Gold Coast Morib International Resort? Share your experiences!