“Will visit again!”

Gold Coast Morib International Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Banting
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I went to this resort during Dec 2013 with my family. Read some negative reviews here but we still thought of giving this resort a chance. We booked 3 studio suite rooms for 3 days & 2 nights. Although my bro's room aircon can't functioning well but we still enjoyed our trip. Here is what I like.
1. Check in/out was a breeze, rather fast.
2. Clean nice big room with good facilities.
3. Clean big toilet with a juccuzzi. ( My 2 sons love it! )
4. The fun water theme park was just below the resort which is very convenient.
5. We visited the resort Spa & tried the back massage & foot reflexology. I felt the standard was good & worth of money.
6. Breakfast was ok nothing fantastic.
7. Big car park.

We will come back again if got chance.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I had very bad experience with this hotel. This is the worst stay ever that we had thus far.

Followings are the incidents that made me to reach this conclusion:

1) my hubby and i went there with 2 boys and maid. As there was a fair promotion, 2 studio suites were booked instead of 2 room apartment. However, i had requested for adajacent rooms. When i checked in, d request was rejected...well, i do understand d request is filled subject to availability (though it was non-peak n weekday stay)

2) my demand for baby coat was also denied with the reason there was no availability. This is after 2 hours d reservation personnel confirmed to us that the coat will be sent to one of the Roms dat we checked in. However, as it wasnt sent to us as promised, my hubby went to the reception and made the complaint. The staffs said they will try to source for a coat and will notify us accordingly. Then, we went off to the water park. When we came back to room, we noticed that there was a coat. It was shocking indeed as they entered into my rooms without any prior notice though i hand the tag "please do not disturb". We felt insecured!!!!

3) the aircond in d room that my hubby and i were occupying wasnt functioning during mid night. When we made complained, we were told that it was running out off gas so they changed the room for us abot 12.30am. It was very
annoying to shift d room during dat time!!!

4) the worst part of their customer service was during checking out process... We had
Again requested for the service of bell to bring our luggages to lobby. we waited about an hour but the porter didnt turn up. We did call twice during the waiting period, but the staffs were kept promising that the porter will come any time soon. Loosing patience, my hubby went down and he was told that all the porters have been engaged. Then my hubby Offered himself to use trolley by himself but he was told that even trollies are also nt available. Angrily, we did the all the carrying by ourselve. While we were carrying down our stuffs, we came across 2 chinese guests using trolley. They told us the porter service need to be done by ourselve nt by the hotel staffs.

Our sincere opinion on this resort. Though they have good facilities, but their annoying and poor services would be d stumbling block which will definitely fail to retain customers or attract revisits.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Gengeswari
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Gold Coast Resort Morib is located in a quiet place along the road towards Morib beach. My husband and I went there to enjoy a quiet, romantic holiday. It is an ideal place for honeymooners. The hot Jacuzzi in our room was fantastic. it was kind of small for 2 adults but it helped us keep close together.

We enjoyed our one night stay there and the buffet dinner at the coffee house was good as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lilly D
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Check in was really slow because it was during school's holiday so we ended up waiting almost an hour in the lobby. Room was quite big and clean, the only drawback was the jacuzzi. It was poorly maintained, could've been better with a little fix on the hole etc. Location wasn't really great because the hotel was in the middle of nowhere. Had to drive to the town area which was about 10 mins from the resort to get some food. Would I go back there? Maybe just for the waterpark but the hotel room is a no-no.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank skysrgrey
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Having read all the negative comments and feedback from TA. I went there with very very low expectation, and had everything prepared.
Lucky enough, everything turned out very well. We queued for 15 mins in front of the check in counter and spent only 5 mins for checking in. Fair enough.
The room is huge, with balcony. Alright, balcony is not so clean, But we did not really go outside to the balcony though cos our room is not the pool view room. Room comes with Jacuzzi. Basis toiletries such as shampoo, body foam, sewing kit, shaver etc. It has the towel ready in the room as well.The only problem I had was there isn't any spare pillow for us.
Water park.... good for kids, I am sure kids will have a lots of fun.
The thing that really amazed us is the PIER beer garden at night time. There is a live band at THE PIER beer garden, with very good surrounding system and very nice atmosphere. It has very unique small little atap house which makes the place looks really special.
We also went for the TCM massage. It was ok for the price that we paid. So, no complaints.
Food - Breakfast and Dinner has fair selection of foods. Not too much, but at acceptable level and enough as the foods replenish pretty quick. Foods are quite yummy too.
I realized that the housekeepers are all very young, but they are polite towards guest. Will greet us every time we pass them by.
Will recommend for family trip with kids for a short getaway, 2 days 1 night would be more than enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We were supposed to get our keys at 3pm but it was delayed due to high volume of guests and insufficient housekeepers.
When we did get our keys, our room was a used one and not cleaned. We asked for a change and were given a room with a view of the water park, which is only good if you don't mind the cries and shrills of children.
While the highlight of the room is the jacuzzi, it was not well cleansed and maintained. The head-cushion came off and the water drips away despite blocking off the drainage hole. As for the water park, it's not huge and was overflowed with children due to school holidays. The queue for the slides were very long. Seeing the crowd in a 'not meant for that crowd size space' puts me off.
Nothing impressive about the beach because it was low tide, and the sea was at least 500m away.
Only credit I can give were the spacious but rather empty room and the extra satellite channels to entertain me.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Nice water world, kids love it. Room is big with jacuzzi. Not for old people I think, not possible to play but need to buy ticket to get in. Near Tg sepat. We actually went for pao n coffee, not cheap though..

• Stayed: March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banting
Hotel Impian Morib
#3 of 6 in Banting
Hotel Centum
Hotel Centum
#5 of 25 in Klang

Been to Gold Coast Morib International Resort? Share your experiences!