I organised for our Rotary Cricketing Fellowship to stay at the Takapuna Oaks recently for our annual Cricket Weekend at Devonport. We were a number of couples and single men staying. I found the management so patient and helpful as our numbers and configuration of rooms kept changing. We also organised our Saturday night dinner for 30 people to be held in the restaurant, and we had the whole restaurant to ourselves. The restaurant has views to die for. And again the management could not be more helpful in organising a menu to suit us. They even provided us with a platter free of charge whilst we had our annual general meeting before the dinner.
The views from the restaurant, and from every room we booked were spectacular. It was wonderful being in Auckland but not in the hurly burly of it - just looking across at the city from a distance. The Devonport area is so much more relaxed.
The Apartments were serviced each day and had everything we required.
My only advice is that if you are booking a two bedroom apartment, beware that the only shower is in the ensuite. And with the living area so spacious we were only to happy to manage this with the other couple we were sharing with.
Management also gave us the name of a wonderfully efficient and very reasonably priced shuttle service for our members to get from the airport to the North Shore, and for those who caught the shuttle into the City there were vouchers to get across on the ferry free of charge.
We would definitely stay here again if we come to the North Shore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience 5 Star luxury by the sea in the newest Takapuna Hotel accommodation site. Situated oceanside between Takapuna and Bayswater, this new, fully serviced, boutique apartment hotel will exceed all your expectations. Auckland Takapuna Oaks offers fully self-contained 1 and 2-bedroom luxury apartments, just 10 minutes by complimentary ferry from Auckland City Center / VIADUCT HARBOUR. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property as well as continental breakfast per person. Lounge access with stunning views across Auckland Harbour is its true unique factor. All guests have complimentary gym usage and a Shuttle Service - to and from the Bayswater Ferry Terminal. Our property is truly something special in Auckland.Auckland Takapuna Oaks offers unique, spacious conference facilities. Offering flexibility and a range of accommodation and catering options to make your next event stand out from the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your VR Takapuna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland Takapuna Oaks Hotel Bayswater
- VR Takapuna Auckland/Bayswater, New Zealand