“Pleasantly surprised at how good it was.”

B&B Wasi Aeropuerto Lima
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Callao
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Expectations are everything! and with the price and rating of this (Callao) airport location B&B I was expecting, well, not much. Our flight arrived at midnight and we had all kinds of anxiety about the two weeks of self-arranged adventure travel ahead; our first introduction to Peru was a most pleasant one for staying at this property. The driver we'd pre-arranged through the hotel was there at arrivals and whisked us to our first Peru lodgings within 15 minutes of spotting our names on his sign. Could've paid less (~10 soles) had we the confidence to negotiate ourselves but for the late arrival & it being our first night in a country where we didn't really speak the language, it was worth having the hotel arrange pickup and our return to Lima airport the next morning at $10 each way total for 2 of us. Pool table in lobby would've been great fun if we'd had more time, but the first floor twin bedroom overlooking the front entrance, courtyard and a kind of park area pleased us greatly. The over-sized bathroom with its rain shower was impressive, all was quiet and dark for a good night's sleep, and the breakfast buffet with made-to-order eggs, fresh rolls, yogurt drink, ham, cheese, fresh fruit and juice was quick and tasty. I can't imagine there are nice restaurants or shops within walking distance in this typically grotty airport area but for a quick, safe turn around it was 5 stars all the way for us. We'd definitely return to Wasi B&B, confidently grab a cab from the airport and have at least one game of 8-ball.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank TiaMiaTrav

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I booked my reservation last minute and called to confirm my reservation right before my flight took off. Receptionist was very helpful, she helped me confirm my room and made sure that there was a cap waiting for me when I landed. Overall great experience, good breakfast, confortable bed and hot shower. Only complaint is that it is noisy but nothing ear plugs couldn't fix. I will be staying here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Jorge M
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Very good value hotel very near Lima airport (5-10 minutes drive). Comfortable and clean room, friendly receptionists, use of laptop. A bit noisy from cars and dogs, but a good alternative to the overpriced hotel right next to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Apart from a bit of street noise (conversations and cellphone music, which stopped soon after midnight), the hotel was perfect for a night's rest between flights, and the airport transfer service ran like clockwork. I would highly recommend this place as a stopover hotel, but if you're sensitive to noise you should probably ask for a room that doesn't face the street.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Ellie B
Reviewed 12 July 2014

It would have been the perfect bed for a layover, except for the constant noise (dogs, cars, yelling) directly outside the room. Because of this, my husband did not sleep a wink. Other than this, the guy at reception was extremely nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
chechi, Propietario at B&B Wasi Aeropuerto Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you so much for your comments, we are always looking for information from our guests to improve. I am glad to inform that we are investing to add double windows to the rooms, this will be end with the noise from the streets or airplanes. Our Bnb more than a regular hotel close to the airport is a perfect place for a stop over, for a quick stay between flights. Our location is convenient for these shorts stays and we try to have all the services inside, such as: coffe shop, a great hot shower, cable tv, all rooms with private bathroom.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I booked this hotel due to the fact I had a 6pm arrival time and 8.30am departure time the next morning and didn't want to have to do the 2 hour round trip into Lima. As it was so cheap, compared to my previous hotel in Miraflores, I wasn't expecting much therefore I wasn't disappointed - just annoyed.

My airport transfer was waiting for me and the trip to the hotel, located in what has to be one of the dodgiest parts of Lima, was 10mins from the airport as promised. Even though the location is, to be honest, a little bit scary, the hotel is secure - although the locks on the doors are very basic and I put my suitcase up agains the door just in case.

I was shown to my VERY, VERY SMALL, single room and as I opened the door I was greeted by an overwhelming musty odour, dirty linen (someone else's hair and eyelashes still on the sheets and pillowcase) and, after opening the window to allow fresh air and asking the staff to change the linen, settled in for the night. But not for long…

About an hour into my stay water started leaking from the ceiling and, as to not have the ceiling collapse on me, I was swiftly moved to another room. This room was spacious, odourless and had clean linen. Yay!

The street noise was incredible with dogs barking, loud music, people yelling and planes overhead so didn't get much sleep but I didn't really care about that - was able to sleep on the plane. The staff were very average (except for the lovely housekeeping lady who brought me cake to try and make up for everything), as was the food.

All in all the hotel is very convenient and if you don't want to go into Lima then it's fine for about a SHORT layover. But even if you are travelling alone don't get the single room - get a double room and it will make the experience a bit more bearable.

Room Tip: Ask for a spacious double room even if you're travelling solo.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank EvaMilan_Italy

Thank you for your review, we checked the inconvenient and had made the arrangements to avoid this situation to happen again. Our building is new, it has 1 year old and we are still improving to give the best service as posible. We work with local people, our recepcionists are young university students happy to help our guests and solve any problem in order to make their stay as nice as possible. The housekeepers are hard work women trying to keep the place clean, cozy and homy to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We are growing up our litle garden to have fresh vegetables for our cafe and every day will create new small but susteinable ideas to improve our guests experience.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at B&B Wasi Aeropuerto between our 11 pm arrival and 8 am flight the next day. The pickup service was efficient and the hotel was clean. We received great service and the bed was comfortable for the few hours we were there. It is a bit noisy, but that is to be expected in Callao! It was definitely the better choice than paying high dollar for the hotel right next to the airport. Don't judge the hotel by its neighborhood or exterior! Once you're inside, everything was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank GWM24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Callao
Wyndham Costa Del Sol Lima Airport
Amara Hotel
#4 of 5 in Callao
Hotel Palmetto La Perla
Hotel Palmetto La Perla
#132 of 236 in Lima
Holiday Inn Lima Airport

Been to B&B Wasi Aeropuerto Lima? Share your experiences!