Spent three nights at the Rose and Crown to celebrate our Silver Wedding. We looked for somewhere "that extra bit special" and we certainly found it here. This hotel is in a lovely peaceful location great for visiting many local attractions and some wonderful walks. We stayed in the double suite in the main house, which consisted of large bedroom, separate sitting room and large bathroom, spacious and very comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful. Meals in either the Restaurant or more informal Brasserie are beautifully prepared and presented, both menus offer a wide choice of dishes for all tastes. The separate Bar area was welcoming and always quiet. Highly recommended and we will certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful 18th century inn located in the picturesque dales village of Romaldkirk amidst unspoilt countryside. This award winning 3 AA red star hotel offers charm and character with a cosy bar, relaxing lounge and beautifully appointed bedrooms. Guest can dine in the 2AA rosette oak panelled restaurant or more informally in the bar. The service is professional yet friendly and the surrounding area offers excellent walking routes, attractions and market towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Priceline so you can book your The Rose & Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rose & Crown Hotel Romaldkirk
- The Rose And Crown
- Rose Crown Barnard Castle
- The Rose & Crown Romaldkirk, Durham