My family and I gathered here for sunday lunch and we were welcomed by lovely happy friendly staff who were professional and attentive but not invasive , we had not visited to dine here since the new owners took over and we were all delighted with the service and dining experience , we spent all afternoon there having a long leisurely lunch , we weren't rushed out as soon as we had finished nor were we rushed Inbetween courses there was a nice gap between each the food was lovely my cousin and I loved the fig and walnut salad we had as a starter very good quality ingredients used , a few had the beef as their main and commented on the quality cut and taste of the beef , there was plenty of veg and broccoli was done to perfection aldente not boiled to oblivion , my aunt and I had the salmon and it was perfectly cooked. A few of us had the cheeseboard to finish off our meal and it was great to see local cheeses the white hilton was lovely . Coffee and mints followed with the staff providing 3 large coffee pots so everyone could have a couple of cups which was fab for us coffee drinkers.
We had such a lovely dining experience that we will all be back soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful 18th century inn located in the picturesque dales village of Romaldkirk amidst unspoilt countryside. This award winning 3 AA red star hotel offers charm and character with a cosy bar, relaxing lounge and beautifully appointed bedrooms. Guest can dine in the 2AA rosette oak panelled restaurant or more informally in the bar. The service is professional yet friendly and the surrounding area offers excellent walking routes, attractions and market towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, SpeedyBooker.com and Priceline so you can book your The Rose & Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rose And Crown
- The Rose & Crown Hotel Romaldkirk
- Rose Crown Barnard Castle
- The Rose & Crown Romaldkirk, Durham