Won a one night stay including dinner & breakfast in an internet competition with Durham Tourist Board. Our room in the courtyard was very comfortable & the en-suite was fully tiled, spacious & contained top class toiletries . There was also a table & two chairs outside. The hotel itself ,especially the dining area is very attractive & the food is very good. My sirloin steak in the evening was thick & juicy & cooked to perfection. The Yorkshire breakfast the following morning was also perfectly cooked. The staff were very friendly & professional. However I think the hotel is slightly overpriced if we were to have paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful 18th century inn located in the picturesque dales village of Romaldkirk amidst unspoilt countryside. This award winning 3 AA red star hotel offers charm and character with a cosy bar, relaxing lounge and beautifully appointed bedrooms. Guest can dine in the 2AA rosette oak panelled restaurant or more informally in the bar. The service is professional yet friendly and the surrounding area offers excellent walking routes, attractions and market towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and LateRooms so you can book your The Rose & Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rose & Crown Hotel Romaldkirk
- The Rose And Crown
- Rose Crown Barnard Castle
- The Rose & Crown Romaldkirk, Durham