“Great place”

The Ravenous Raven Lodge and Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We at the Ravenous Raven are more than a restaurant, licensed lounge and accommodations; we are a collective of like-minded individuals. We saw a dream and realized it. We are from and serve our community with respect and fairness, offering affordable and enjoyable food, drink and a roof over your head. Boutique guest rooms available upstairs. Queen beds, private balcony with ocean view and wireless internet.We look forward to serving you.Cheers.
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at the lodge and we were very glad we did truly a great place. The restaurant food was very good crab cakes coconut shrimp and fresh fish lots of menu choices so hope to try more when we return. The room was comfortable and clean with a fantastic view over Gilles bay and Vancouver island in the background, hidden balcony to view the harvest moon rising over the water. Loved the fresh fruit and oatmeal banana loaf for breakfast which was waiting for us in the fridge with fresh milk and juices coffee and teas

1  Thank rivercity101
There are newer reviews for The Ravenous Raven Lodge and Restaurant

Reviewed 30 August 2012

A must do when on the Sunshine Coast, well worth the ferry cost to get to Texada.
This restaurant has it all with a very diverse menu for that perfect burger fix to gourmet local seafood delicacies. On tap is locally micro brewed beer from Powell River plus specialty cocktails perfected with years of experience.
Added to the multi choices on the menu are the daily specials with something different for all tastes. The real challenge is to save room for a home made desert with changes daily.
A favorite is the 3 plate of appies to share along with the Ravenous Green salad.
And the service? top notch.
With views out onto Gillies Bay, watching cruise boats sail by, the setting couldn't be better.
Do yourself a big favour- come to Texada Island for a meal at the Ravenous Raven. You will not regret it.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We have eaten at the "Raven" many times and have never been disappointed in the food or dining experience. My favourite meal is the black bean burger with hand-cut fries. It is to die for! Actually, the burger itself is amazing (their own recipe), and the fries are the best I've ever had. The menu is pretty simple, but they normally have several specials - interesting dishes that appeal to a variety of tastes. Drinks are yummy as well (toasted almond martini!!) Can't wait to go back!

2  Thank berniece2000
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I was visiting my daughter on Texada Island, we took a break from our beach combing and popped into The Ravenous Raven, What a unique culinary delight. I had the Curried Yam soup and Calamari lunch special. The Curried Yam soup was hands down the best soup I have ever eaten. Creamy with a bit of texture, and just the right amount of heat. My daughter has a gluten allergy, eats there about once a week and has never had a reaction to any of the items that she has there. What a wonderful unique restaurant on such a beautiful, peaceful Island. Thank you for making my visit extra special. Jennifer White