“A great choice of bed & breakfast”
Review of The Old Stables

The Old Stables
The Old Stables
Ranked #1 of 1 Woburn Sands B&B and Inns
faversham
“A great choice of bed & breakfast”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Julie runs an excellent bed & breakfast on a farm near MK. It's tricky to find at night and there is a long, unlit driveway. But the Old Stables, is modern, well appointed and comfortable. Eight rooms with contemporary interiors. All basic comforts supplied ~ and well. Breakfast, in a dedicated room, was superb. Sensible prices. Paid by card. Julie is an excellent and charming hostess. She clearly cares about the place and her guests and, for that reason, I give her top marks.

Room Tip: you may prefer to specify downstairs rooms for access
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mightybighands

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We had the pleasure of staying here whilst on a short break to visit the Xscape complex in Milton Keynes. Julie was an excellent host and the place was very clean. Breakfast was very nice with excellent choice. Will definitely stay here again should the occasion arises. The only down side is the fact that as a family of 4 we did have to have 2 rooms as the family rooms only sleep 3.
This was my 1st visit to Milton Keynes and I was very impressed, only saw 2 sets of traffic lights and 1 of those were switched off.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The old stables is a small guest house just outside Milton Keynes

The rooms are large and clean.

I had a double room and it was more than adequate. There is a microwave and fridge provided in the lobby to make dinner if required.

There is not a bar or dinner available which is its only downside.. that said there is a harvester restaurant about 12 mins drive away so I got a take away from there including a few pints!!!

All in all what more can you need..

Breakfast is provided.

wifi is free
freeview tv
hair dryer
radio alarm
wide range of tea/coffee

For a top bonus I stayed in march when we have great 21 degree weather so I sat in the garden on provided furniture overlooking perfect countryside

Room Tip: I stayed in Basil Room which was ground floor and it was very good
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
london
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Had an overnight stay here. Very quiet yet in a convenient location. Plenty of parking. Rooms are very tastefully decorated with all you need. Everywhere is spotlessly clean. Breakfast is from 7 to 8-30 weekdays and 8 to 9 at weekends. Friendly owner made sure we had everything we needed - plenty of food at hot and cold buffet.
Good value for double occupancy, a bit pricey for a single but worth it.
Only negative comments: beds a bit low and hard and hot plates, rather than the pile of cold ones, to put the cooked breakfast on would be good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed here at short notice because the place I normally stay was unavailable. The rooms are clean, simple all with en suite and drinks facility. The location is wonderful, adjacent to a horse paddock with open vies of countryside from the front door. Breakfast is very good too.

All accommodation in the converted barn where I stayed was single storey, so should lend itself well to people with mobility issues.

It is close to the Carrington Arms, a fantastic place to eat- their steaks are legendary, but this accommodation is better in my opinion, than the Carrington out buildings.

Thanks

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I stayed here on route to visiting friends. The location is perfect, near to the motorway yet away from the hustle and bustle. It was a little tricky to find, I imagine more so in the dark, but once we arrived, we had a lovely welcome from the owner. The room was in a separate part of the main building, which meant that we could come and go as we pleased and not cause too much of a disturbance to the owners. The room was immaculate, and very clean and tastefully decorated.It was so quiet in the evening I had one of the best night's sleep I've had in ages.
My only negative comments are that the timings for breakfast were a little early, 7.15-8.15, and there was a notice on the door which said breakfast finished promptly at 8.15. We went for breakfast at 7.55, and there was not a great deal left. The english breakfast was already cooked and left under hotplates. The food was hot, but as vegetarians we had a limited amount to choose from, and I came away with a very sparse choice on my plate. I was still hungry when I left, and we took an extra croissant away with us to eat later as we were aware that the owner was waiting to clear up.
The shower in the bathroom was also not great, letting out a trickle of water instead of a torrent!
All in all though, I think it is a real find, there are not many places where you can get a good night's sleep and cleanliness of that standard.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Park115
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn Sands
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
The Woburn Hotel
Hilton Milton Keynes
Hilton Milton Keynes
#16 of 34 in Milton Keynes
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes

Been to The Old Stables? Share your experiences!