“A Sad Loss for Woburn Sands”
Review of The Coffee House Woburn Sands - CLOSED

The Coffee House Woburn Sands
Woburn Sands, United Kingdom
“A Sad Loss for Woburn Sands”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Alas, it seems that I am writing this too late: since my last visit two weeks ago, The Coffee House in Woburn Sands has apparently now closed.

This makes me sad. Okay, so the interior may have been a little rough and ready, and the staff may have been a little grouchy depending on who you got and when you went in, but The Coffee House had become the destination in our little town that my youngest daughter and I had settled upon as our favourite place to go for coffee and a cheese scone (me) and a cupcake / pastry / slice of cake and a glass of milk (her) of a Saturday morning. Since moving to Woburn Sands a couple of years ago we've sampled the High Street's coffee shops and eateries and the Coffee House ultimately was the one we settled on owing to the number of tables and choice of homemade cakes that were among the best we've eaten.

Since we've lived here there has been a high level of discontent at the opening of a branch of Tesco in the town, the idea being that an outlet of the supermarket chain would spell the death of the essential fabric of our little High Street. No-one challenged the opening of a branch of Costa on the edge of the town, even though it's every bit as 'corporate' as Tesco, and yet that ease with which Costa entered Woburn Sands with nary a challenge may well have contributed to the demise of my youngest daughter's favourite eatery.

RIP The Coffee House. Our Saturday mornings won’t be the same now.

• Visited July 2014

Bedfordshire
“It was one of our favourites but closes on the 19th July.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

As my title has indicates we have discovered the cafe is closing as of the 19th July. It has been a regular stop on our walk to and from Woburn. Good service food and drink. There are now are number of cafes in this village and they cannot all be supported. It will be missed by its customers.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank paulaylott
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Shame !”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a lovely little find - charming staff and a very pleasant afternoon tea.
How ever trying to book a table is very difficult - the owner is charming but seems unable to give you a straight booking. She never returns calls or answers emails !! So disappointing.

• Visited August 2013
“Friendly, welcoming with great food and coffee”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A genuinely warm
and friendly atmosphere with great food and perfect coffee.
The staff were helpful
and professional and the breakfast was amazing. The coffee as it should be was spot on and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the coffee house to everyone.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“I had expected a bit more”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have read the reviews and thought the cafe would be pretty good. I thought it was average. I would have liked to see the floor being cleaner and the table legs. I went to two cafés in the same week and I thought the other was better. The food was ok and the staff were very friendly.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Chaz A
Ruth T, Owner at The Coffee House Woburn Sands, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
I am disappointed that you thought our cafe average! The floors are swept regularly, and the table bases are cleaned regularly too, but on busy days we do face an uphill struggle trying to keep the floor spotless!! I don't know what food you had, but our breakfasts, our homemade soup, chilli and sausage casserole are delicious, and our homemade cakes are becoming known in the area for being the best around. Maybe you could come and give us another try.