“needs a bit of stability staffing wise.”
Review of The Weathercock

The Weathercock
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Woburn Sands
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Weathercock, is home to The Rustic burger CO, features quality food in a beautiful English setting. Slightly nostalgic, a little funky and always delicious, The Weathercock is a celebration of Rustic burgers served up daily in our neighborhood, Woburn Sands. We've taken the traditional recipes, full of home-made goodness, , and we now serve these same dishes fresh from our kitchen. Enjoy our ample big burgers , hearty sandwiches and decadent desserts plus, unique items from our drinks menu - When the sun is shining, our unique food and drink can be enjoyed in our lovely garden and patio bistro out front. When the rain and cold sets in, our three fireplaces will keep you warm and cosy.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have had a couple of Sunday dinners there and they have both been very good and very bad .I put this down to the Owner changing the head chef.I would recommend this establishment based on the potential alone.It has a varied and robust Menu and I'm sure that with a bit of fine tuning they will get there .Give it a try and then have an Opinion !

2  Thank Andy H

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We decided to give the weathercock a try for somewhere different to go for a meal. We booked a table for 7 o'clock but had to change this for half an hour later (and still was late!) this wasnt a problem even though the pub was very busy, they had a live band in. The staff were lovely and friendly even though they were clearly rushed off their feet. The american style menu had alot of options and it was nice to hear that everything was on offer. I had the pork option and my partner had half a chicken. Both were massive portions and very tasty, the desserts were very nice and again, massive portions. This isnt a fancy place to eat or menu but that isnt what i was after. Its more of a relaxed local pub atmosphere with a quirky twist - i like that! All in all a nice place to eat, nice staff and a reasonably priced menu that should come with a large portion warning! We will be back very soon

1  Thank vixs1980
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Really disappointed in the food here. We went for family birthday on a Saturday night and the food was pretty average at best. The menu choices were reasonable (but not cheap) and we were expecting a reasonable level of food. However, it was below the level that I would expect in a Harvester for half the price. I ordered a steak and paid extra for 'chunky chips' (first time I have had to pay extra for chips with a steak). The chips were chunky but someone forgot to tell the cook that you have to leave them in a bit longer so they don't end soggy in the plate! Someone also forgot to tell the cook that a well done steak doesn't mean burn it on the outside and leave it rare in the middle...
The Cajun chicken was also badly cooked and the Southern fried chicken was way too greasy. And the service was way too slow.
Overall then not a good night. Maybe they were extra busy (it was packed) but that still doesn't excuse the poor food.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast at The Weathercock in February and it was incredible. The restaurant menu has an American theme and the breakfast is spot on. I had the pancakes with bacon and maple syrup and the mrs had a fry up.

With this positive experience in mind we booked in for dinner with a friend. Unfortunately the service was rather slow and the food wasn't to the standard we experienced at breakfast. I ordered the Alligator burger which tasted and looked like spam and the "hot" wings were mild at best. The other two people I dined with had similar qualms.

Staff were friendly and efficient and I had recommended The Weathercock to friends for breakfast but to avoid dinner service.

1  Thank Del_Murphos
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The Weathercock in Woburn Sands is an English Diner, the service is good and the food not bad
there is seating outside and the staff are friendly

1  Thank sistermoon123