“can this restaurant get any better”
Review of Purple Goose - CLOSED

Purple Goose
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“can this restaurant get any better”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We booked for yesterday just as the menu had changed which was a surprise.The whole menu looked delicious and it was a problem deciding what to have ,so we decided on the cod and peas and the bruchetta.They both were absolutely amazing,couldnt wait for the mains.We had the fillett steak which is just out of this world cooked to perfection and not forgetting the onion rings which as ive said before are to die for.For the dessert we had the blue berry compote and white chocolate mousse which ended the meal wonderfully.Hannah and her staff are so friendly I really look forward to going there for a meal.We know that when ever we go the standard of the food and service are EXCELLANT,and you don't find this in restaurants nowadays and we are quite prepared to travel 30 miles to this restaurant

1 Thank merilyn2
kingpotter, Owner at Purple Goose, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
That's a great review - thank you very much! We are always on the look out to offer better quality and value than our competitors and it might be worth trying our great value fixed price lunch (Thursday to Saturday) or our traditional and not so traditional Sunday lunch. Thanks for your support.

Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We found the service and food to be top notch. Not being familiar with the menu and seeing so many great sounding choices, I relied on recommendations from our very personable server. I was not disappointed as the risotto starter and pork belly main course were both spectacular. We also found the wine list to be in the sweet spot of quality and value.

My only tongue-in-cheek complaint is that the owner mistakenly thinks there are no good restaurants in my hometown of Chicago based on misunderstanding the advice from another chef whilst in the US. I will be prepared to uphold Chicago's culinary excellence on our next visit to The Purple Goose.

kingpotter, Owner at Purple Goose, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thanks for your great review! There are of course many great restaurants in Chicago and indeed I recently ate at Restaurant MK and Lou Manlati's! Both excellent in their own way. Thanks for your support and we hope to see you again soon.
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Delight”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Having been to this restaurant before for my Hen Party (we hired the Purple Room) which was a great success with amazing food and service so was adamant on bringing my husband for our '1st Anniversary'.
We visited last night, just as impressive as before, good honest fresh food, very tasty, presented beautifully, great quality.
There is nothing not to like about this restaurant, the waitresses are friendly (and happy!), service tip top! A visit from the chef at the end of your meal is a lovely touch, a really nice guy who deserves the credit he gets, thank you Purple Goose...We will be returning soon!

kingpotter, Owner at Purple Goose, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your review - sounds like a perfect meal! We hope to see you again soon.
Barton-le-Clay, United Kingdom
“Superb steak”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our first time at this restaurant. Having lived in the states for 8 years we have been spoilt with great steaks, but I have to say the fillet steak I had was as good! The special mackerel starter was lovely and the onion rings and triple cooked chips were to die for. The only disappointing thing was that when booking we were asked if it was a special occasion and it was, our 38th wedding anniversary. We had paid the bill and were getting up to leave when asked if we would wait a couple of minutes and a cube sized piece of cake arrived on a plate with a candle in it. Sorry, but it was too late!!

kingpotter, Owner at Purple Goose, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thanks for your review and we are delighted the steaks were up to US standards - praise indeed. I am sorry the timing of your complimentary celebration cake went wrong - we sometimes have several celebrations at the same time and sadly on this occasion we were a few minutes late. We hope to see you again.
Milton Keynes
“Father's Day Lunch”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely family lunch for Father's Day at the Purple Goose. The last time I visited this venue it was Spooners so I was interested to see how it compared. The menu is varied and imaginative, a cut above most other restaurants in the Milton Keynes area and complimented by a good wine list. Service was excellent and very attentive without being in your face. The venue is small compared to some restaurants but at no time felt cramped or too close to the other diners. I had risotto to start, signature pork belly to follow and managed to find room for the delightful banana and fudge soufflé. I would recommend all of these dishes (and even persuaded the family to let me sample theirs!) We highly recommend this restaurant and are already planning a return visit without the kids for a romantic meal for two!

1 Thank Hatter_Paul_71
kingpotter, Owner at Purple Goose, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your detailed review and for the nice comments you have made which will be passed to the staff.