“Even Better Than Last Year”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Strathkinness
Mansedale House B&B
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Even Better Than Last Year”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My wife and I re-visited Mansedale House B&B in Strathkinness, St. Andrews last week and I have to put on record that the experience was EVEN BETTER than last year (if that's possible). What a wonderful welcome we were given by Douglas and Elaine. NOTHING was too much trouble for them. The accommodation (The Laroch) was as clean as a whistle and so comfortable. As usual, the breakfasts again were simply the best ever. The dining room is the cleanest and the most atmospheric you could wish for. Everything you wanted, from cereals, fruit/juices/cheeses, teas and coffees - and then the breakfast. WOW! The gazebo in their magnificent garden is very comfortable, spacious and inviting and the G and T's went down especially well in there! Douglas even brought out his special gin for us to try after we invited him for a tipple. Both he and Elaine are obviously very proud of what they've got there. It truly is beautiful. My wife and I thoroughly recommend a stay there and everyone we spoke to at breakfast agreed with us wholeheartedly. Douglas and Elaine - my wife and I salute you. Well done!

Room Tip: We've only ever stayed in The Laroch and it is excellent.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This is the third time my friends and I have stayed at Mansedale House for a golfing week, and we cannot fault it. For the golfer Dougie is a mine of information on courses in Fife, and both he and Elaine have a wealth of knowledge on what to do in the area. I thoroughly endorse the comments by other guests regarding the hospitality, food and accommodation, it is second to none. Three of us stayed in the Doocot and the feel is one of a very upmarket hotel, the beds are very comfortable and the bathroom is superb, with a power shower that is bliss after a long day on the golf course. The private car park is large and very secure, and we also enjoyed some evenings in the garden, sipping cold drinks in the heated gazebo. We have already secured our booking for next year, if you are thinkng of making a booking here, I would advise you to be quick, the word is starting to spread about this gem of a B&B.

Room Tip: The Doocot is a family room over the garage, it is very private and quiet and has a wonderful ambien...
Limburg, Germany
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My sister and I spent 3 nights in one of the lodges the Mansedale House offers. It has been absolutely fantastic!! The lodges' interior design is very modern and chic! The breakfast is also very tasty, especially the fruit salad, which is the most fresh and tasty fruit salads I have ever eaten in a "hotel". Douglas and Elaine are very lovely people, very welcoming and interested! The drive to St. Andrews, which was very important for my University visits, was very short and perfect to reach.
Our trip was unforgettable and I cannot wait when my family and friends will stay in the Mansedale House when visiting me at Uni!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Spent six nights here on a golfing holiday with friends. It was everything you could wish for the perfect golfing break. Fantastic spacious rooms, excellent cooked breakfast, to set us up for a days golfing. Douglas and Elaine were the perfect hosts, with Dougie very knowledgeable about the local courses. We will defiantly try to book again next year, as Mansedale House is simply the best guest house we have ever had the pleasure to stay in. Thank you Dougie and Elaine.

Watton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Spent last week here with friends on a golfing break. Dougie and Elaine were perfect hosts, with Gary cooking a delicious full Scottish breakfast every day - top marks chef!
Everything about Mansedale House was excellent. Rooms immaculate, comfortable and spacious, large car parking space, not too far too walk to the village pub. Dougie was especially knowledgeable about local golf courses, having played on the majority of them. A visit we will be repeating next year - must book early as there can't be anywhere better to stay in the St Andrews area. Well done Doug and Elaine.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Without doubt this is by far the best B&B I have ever stayed in, everything about it was first class. The owners Elaine and Dougie can't do enough for their guests and are more than helpful in every way. The rooms, food and general ambience of Mansedale House are first class - a great number of so called quality hotels could learn a lot about customer care and hospitality from Elaine and Dougie. If you are thinking of staying in this area don't miss out on this gem you will only regret it!

Room Tip: They are all top quality.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Had the pleasure of staying here a few weeks ago and without doubt it is the best B and B we have ever stayed in. Elaine and Douglas were hosts right out of the top draw - you really couldn't wish to be looked after by nicer people. The room was quiet, spotless and spacious, which is precisely what you want out of such accommodation...... and the breakfast - well what can I say.... it was brilliant.
The trip up North to Scotland was to play Golf at St Andrews, and whilst this B and B isn't in St Andrews, it is only a short few miles drive away to be ideally suited.
We can't praise this place enough and look forward to returning soon.
I trust anyone else booking to stay at Mansedale will enjoy the experience as much as we did.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strathkinness
Premier Inn St Andrews Hotel
#1 of 72 in St Andrews
Eden Mansion
Eden Mansion
#4 of 72 in St Andrews

Been to Mansedale House B&B? Share your experiences!