“Excellent B & B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Strathkinness
Mansedale House B&B
england
“Excellent B & B”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at what must be one of the best B & B's in Scotland. Nothing was too much trouble for the hosts Dougy and Elaine. The room I stayed in was exceptionally clean and modern and the choices at breakfast could not be beaten by any 5* hotel. Being able to sit in the garden in the Gazebo after a hard days golfing having a beer was wonderful. The location was also ideal with car parking available and just a short drive into St Andrews. This is definately a B & B I will recommend to my friends and I hope to be back next year for our annual golf tour.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Returned recently to this wonderful B&B and once again Dougie and Elaine surpassed my already high expectations as this is my fifth visit! Every single element about a stay at Mansedale House is top quality and classy, from the stunning rooms to the amazing breakfasts (huge choice of great food), but by far the best part are the owners Dougie and Elaine who can't do enough to make sure that your stay is memorable! If you are in this area - stay here, you will regret it if you miss out on this gem! I am already looking forward to my next visit, Mansedale House is like a great wine it gets better by the year! Dougie and Elaine many thanks for yet another wonderful break I will be back again and can't wait.

Room Tip: They are all first class.
Watton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed at Mansedale house again with friends for our annual hack around some of Scotlands finest golf courses. Mine hosts Douglas and Elaine were as welcoming as ever, providing not only comfortable rooms and delicious breakfasts, but also unbroken sunshine all week. Well done to both of you. I'm sure we will be back for more next year, so please book the sunshine again.

Cookstown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had occassion to visit Strathkiness last week (to help my daughter and family move house). We needed to stay a few nights in a Strathkiness and booked in to Mansedale House. This is an absolutely excellenrt B&B , the quality of the rooms, the location, the whole ambience of the house and beautiful garden are first class. The breakfast was excellent , Duggie and Elaine are really welcoming, helpful and personable. We will certainly return.
Jim and Geraldine

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Scotland
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at Mansedale House for a long weekend in late June. The house is situated in a nice peaceful location with easy access to St Andrews (and parking is far easier). On arrival we were met by Douglas and Elaine the owners who are fantastic hosts, very friendly and helpful. We had not arranged anywhere to eat that evening but a quick call from Douglas to the local Strathkinness Tavern had a table booked.
We were shown to our room which was lovely, spacious and well appointed. The bed was large and very comfortable, the bathroom nicely fitted. The gardens of the house are beautiful and well maintained with a gazebo which guests are free to use. Breakfast was also a lovely experience with a great number of options available and first class service from Elaine.
I would certainly stay at Mansedale again and would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone. This is how a B&B should be. Top marks to Douglas and Elaine.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Mansedale House. Our room was beautiful, very spacious and comfortable for our six night stay. Douglas and Elaine were wonderful hosts and did everything they could to make our stay so enjoyable. As a keen cyclist it was great to be able to store my bike safely and Douglas ensured it was waiting for me every morning for my cycle before breakfast! We highly recommend this bed and breakfast and look forward to many return visits!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have been traveling to St Andrews for the past 4 years visiting our daughter at Uni. Mansedale House is our favourite place to stay. A lovely, nicely decorated, very clean B&B nestled in quiet Strathkinness, just a few moments drive from St. Andrews. Elaine and Douglas are wonderful hosts, providing all that you need and always a fantastic breakfast (with wonderful selection) to start the day. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strathkinness
Rufflets Hotel
#11 of 16 in St Andrews
Knockhill Farm Bed & Breakfast
Knockhill Farm Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 6 in Strathkinness

Been to Mansedale House B&B? Share your experiences!