“Revaluation ( I madea mistake when I used the computer. )”
Review of Hawthorne House

Hawthorne House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Strathkinness
Hawthorne House
Okayama, Japan
“Revaluation ( I madea mistake when I used the computer. )”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I was verry impressed by the Hawthorne House owner Mrs Ann Verner and her husband's kindness,
They were very helpful when I was lost. and The doble room is good. and it is clean and pleasant.
One night cost is also reasonable and wonderful. Breakfast is also delicous. I was so impressed
by the freshly peeled grapefruit. I'm sorry, my english is not very good.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

What a wonderful B&B! We were visiting St Andrews for my partners Birthday and I knew from just speaking with Ann on the phone that we were going to have a lovely stay. Ann (the owner) was warm and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble for her from offering to drive us into St Andrews on the evening, to booking us a table at the local tavern to making sure there was a lovely pot of decaff coffee available for my breakfast. We stayed in a double room which was comfortable, clean and very homely. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room as where books and magazines. Bathroom was lovely and clean. Cooked breakfast was lovely and the toast was accompanied by homemade jam yum yum. St Andrews was ten mins or so away by car and there was a bus stop right outside the B&B. Private parking was also available. All in all a fabulous B&B made all the better by meeting Ann. We really enjoyed our visit and would highly recommend Hawthorn House to anyone travelling to the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Wonderful place!
The B&B is excellent!
The hotel are very clean, has a good price and great food!
You should ask for the complete breakfast typical of scotland, so delicious!
The owner is lovely, very helpful!
Has a nice restaurant near and easy access to St Andrews.
Recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Presidente Prudente, SP
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We've stayed there twice. Once last year and another this year. In both times we've been there for one week. Ann and Roy are a lovely couple, the nicest hosts we've ever met. The room has everything we need. It's comfortable and clean. The breakfast is delicious and we have many options. there is easy access to train stations and bus stations, and we can have the timetable from Ann. the bus stop is in front of the house. It coudn't be better.
We've been travelling a lot and this place is the best place we've stayed in.
We've already recommended to our friends.

It's perfect.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We had an great stay at Hawthorn house. Ann was very helpful and even drove us to the wedding we were going to. Her warmth and friendliness were very much appreciated. The room was tidy and spacious and breakfast was great. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The room was nice and was exactly what i expected,however, everything else was a bit disappointing. On their site i was lead to believe that there was better transport links to St Andrews and to the station, instead we had to take a taxi almost everywhere. Also as lovely as Ann seemed, as a guest you do not want to listen to constant complaining from your host about their problems. Also the breakfast was a bit of a let down as when I ask for a cooked breakfast I do not expect a pile of bland scrambled eggs with a few bits of meat around the edge, although the bacon was seriously overcooked the black pudding and sausage meat was nice. On the second morning i opted for cereal, which was better but not help yourself so you were presented with a very small amount of your chosen cereal. So too fill me up I stuck to the toast, which can rarely go wrong and some activia yogurt. So overall I think for what you get it is overpriced and i definitely won't be going back because I know I can get better for less.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Boysie59golf, Owner at Hawthorne House, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Really disappointed after this poor review. I certainly didn't see this coming but with hindsight perhaps catching the 2 girls trying to smuggle a non-paying, male friend into a twin bedded room without owners consent, should have been a warning. Normal practice would have been, to ask all 3 to leave but as a parent, would not have had that on my conscience.
jedburgh
Reviewed 15 October 2012

excellent accomodation/first class rooms/excellent breakfast ,highly recommend to anyone wanting to stay here. made to feel so welcome and the service was excellent really enjoyed my stay.lovely little village location close to St Andrews and east neuk of fife.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strathkinness
Drumoig Golf Hotel
Knockhill Farm Bed & Breakfast
Knockhill Farm Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 6 in Strathkinness
No12 Bed & Breakfast, St Andrews

Been to Hawthorne House? Share your experiences!