“Great food, local but creative”
Review of Restaurant Lou Cantou - CLOSED

Restaurant Lou Cantou
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had a great family meal at this restaurant. Food is great and creative. Service is perfect. The room is good.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had a most enjoyable lunch here (no need for dinner that evening!). Pate de foie gras, duck, veal, calfouti-- can't go wrong. Except when I went to pay... they wouldn't take credit cards. I just happened to be able to scrape together enough cash to cover the bill; if not, I might have had to wash dishes! English was lacking, but my high-school French got us through the meal.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We were going to go here at the recommendation of our hotel. However, when we got there, though it was the last 30 minutes of their lunch period, the sign at the road said they were open, and I saw someone in the kitchen as we walked up with our baby in the stroller.... the doors were locked and it was not open. Given that evident level of service, we never tried to return.

Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Went here on the advice of other tripadvisor reviews and glad we did. The restaurant had just opened for lunch in the low season so getting a table wasn't an issue (would have great atmosphere with a packed house) we were greatest warmly and helped along with the French menu by a lovely waitress. They put my butter sauce on the side for my scallop dish which was fantastic as was my fish main. If you are in the area don't be put off by the simple appearance the food is of a very serious quality.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Visited in January 2013 and were lucky to get a table.

The food was excellent, some of the best we had eaten on our trip to France.

Every course was superb and the deserts were incredible.

Would definately return when back in the region.

2  Thank Cardifftravellers62