“Great food with a warm welcome”
Review of The New Inn

The New Inn
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stay here annually while following the WRCGB, its good value, clean and pleasant, if not we have all of Wales to stay but this is the place we pick.
I sufferer from asthma so if it’s not clean it’s not a case of grin and bear it, I have big issues.
‘The owners wife being sour’, not something we have experienced but it’s a two way street, we always get a warm welcome, more unusually we even get a warm welcome from the locals.
The food is the key, for a big city restaurant it would be very good, for a pub its fantastic, it’s never been less than perfect and as a tip, whatever you order request a sausage or two you will not be disappointed.
Cannot vouch for the puddings, I have never had the room.
With regards the comments re the decor, it’s not something I have noticed but it is an old hotel/pub and I suspect it’s like painting the Forth Bridge, once you have finished one end its time to start again.
Don’t expect: a chrome and glass impersonal city centre hotel.
You will get: a warm welcome, great food and a clean room.
Sean

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stopped at the new inn on Sunday afternoon on way back home from a weeks stay in Tenby 4 of us just wanted a decent Sunday roast and this place looked perfect, it was as far from perfect as you can get! The decor is very dated and cluttered but this didn't put us off, and we were then told there were no Yorkshire puds to go with the roasts, I was ok with this but everyone else chose different meals, which was a bad move. My roast beef dinner was average at best but have had far better in £3.50 carveries in the past, my girlfriend had a microwaved pie and very limp soggy chips, my son had the same limp chips with a fish that had rubbery batter and finally my daughters sausage and mash was completely inedible due to the awful lumpy mash, horrible sausages and the pint of gravy it was drowned in! We ate what we could and left, give this place a wide berth!!

3  Thank Adammanwaring
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I have litrally just left this place with a group of colleagues, the rudest land lady I have ever encountered. Tried to sit us out of the main bar so we sat outside, refused to bring our food down to the garden so we had to get it ourselves but despite telling us the plates were hot would not allow us to use the tray!!! Made us clear our table back upstairs, absolutely shocking. May be because we were english but maybe just rude, shame as we were willing to spend a lot of money, their loss.

2  Thank tartinamia
Reviewed 3 June 2012

firstly after being a vegetarian for 15 years and dining out constantly i was extremely disappointed that they did not have a vegetarian option for sunday lunch!three out of party ordered the beef dinner-very bland and very small amounts-carrot and swede as the only two veg, leeks were great-the only thing that was! service was not ideal either-unfriendly and when dinner was served plates were dumped on table, we were not asked if we enjoyed our emal or if everythin was alright! being the only vegetarian i had to have the lasagne and chips-awfulk, sloppy and just thrown on the plate-it looked trerrible and for the price the size was shocking and had a very strange taste to it-very disappointed,as we have wanyted to try this for a while-we will not be returning!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We tried out the Newbridge for Sunday lunch in November and were very impressed by the quality of the food and the service and the intimate atmosphere.

Their New Year's Eve tasting menu looked stunning so we decided to book that pretty soon afterwards and we were very glad we did. It was the best New Year's Eve we'd had in years (coupled with a stay at the Manor House at the Celtic Manor) and we shall certainly be returning in the future.

The professionalism and welcome of the Celtic Manor is very much in evidence at the Newbridge even though the vibe is very different.

The food is amazing and to have pulled off such a stunning menu for a large number of people was incredible. The service was attentive but not rushed and we had time to chat between courses.