“'Amazing experience '”

Chris Miller - Falconry Experience Days
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Oxton
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I would like to reiterate 'great experience' Aug 19th.
Unfortunately we turned up 15mins late for the walking with hawks afternoon, Chris was very patient , even though he showed Sky the Gold Eagle. He kept her out until we arrived, to which we are very grateful. The walk itself was extremely informative Not just about the birds of prey but also about the wild vegetation and herbs in Sherwood Forest & in your own back garden. Chris kept us all amused and enthralled from the young children to the teenagers to the adults. He was most informative and witty , and we all had a thoroughly enjoyable day .
Thank you Chris, we look forward to our next experience.

2  Thank SuemalcCheshire
in 10 reviews
in 13 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Brought this for husbands birthday . Two daughters came along too. Although there is a lot of standing around Chris keeps you entertained by all his tails! Very attentive to all customers getting them a chair to sit on if needed. Excellent knowledge about falconry and it's history involving the spectators too. Getting up close to these birds is amazing, having the chance to handle them as well. Had no trouble booking through Chris's website and communication through email was good. We all really enjoyed the time we spent here. Held near a local pub so toilet and refreshment facilities available.

2  Thank pinkmand
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

My children got me a Groupon voucher for mothers day. I didn't have any problems arranging a suitable date, even though I am a shift worker. I got prompt replies from Chris and a reminder email the day before. He gladly explained what to expect & the day exceeded my expectations. The birds all looked healthy and cared for, unlike a previous review suggests. They were maulting & this process was explained by Chris. I got up close and personal with a golden eagle called Skye.....fantastic!! Chris is very knowledgeable and is keen to impart his accumulated experience. Great day! I would recommend this too anyone who loves nature and birds of prey

1  Thank Vicki P
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I bought this through Groupon for my daughter and I as she was keen to see the birds flying and to handle them. We had no problem booking - I phoned up initially and Chris gave me the email address so he could send me possible dates. We both really enjoyed the whole day. Chris is a thoroughly nice bloke with an amazing knowledge of birds and the history of falconry - as well as loads of other things!!!!!. He is a charismatic raconteur who kept everyone interested and engaged the whole time. He obviously loves his birds and cares for their welfare. Chris took time to answer questions and there were plenty of opportunities to hold and fly the birds. The Golden Eagle was gorgeous but very heavy! Chris spent well over an hour longer with us than planned and even then, we didn't want to come away. A brilliant experience, worth every penny.

1  Thank Snookyputz1
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My mum brought me this for my 22nd birthday half day falconry experience... What an experience what this man doesn't know about falconry and the history of falconry isn't worth knowing in fact I don't think there is Anything he doesn't know!! Along with a great day of handling a beautiful golden eagle and flying bay wing hawks ( not Harris hawks :)) I came away from this experience with a whole new knowledge about falconry and the history of falconry I would recommend this day to anyone who is interested in birds of prey please don't let the bad reviews put you off I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. thanks a lot to Chris for a brilliant day and I wish you all the best in your business and your future ventures.

2  Thank Justjack22