“Superb”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pangot
Mountain Quail Lodge - Pangot
“Superb”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The staff couldn't have been friendlier, the lodges were great and the activities available were fab too. Also great work with the community and surrounding areas, Sid and his staff deserve commending on their work at Mountain Quail Camp. Great stay, thank you very much.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Zena Lola A

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Pangot was a complete surprise for me!
This little village of Nanital district in Uttrakhand has every thing you need for a perfect get away…. Misty skies, dense green foliage, chirping birds & butterflies; can it get any better?
Tucked between the verdure is The Mountain Quail Lodge- a comfy place fused beautifully with the surroundings. Charming wooden cottages spread at different levels of the hill provide a fantastic view from every window, a refreshing change from the concrete jungle I come from. The interiors are well thought & basic with a touch of modern. All the cottages have cozy sit outs and some have lovely little attics that have been converted into extra sleeping or seating areas. The place is decently lit but do take a torch with you, it’ll make your life easier.
To top it all… food is honest-to-goodness!
Our package included all three meals comprising a choice of non-veg, which we couldn’t get enough of…. Maybe it was the weather or the food itself but we were perpetually hungry all the time!!
The staff is diligent and well taught. A tiny bit slow but they surely make up for it with yummylicious flavors & attention to detail.
Sid & Bhavna, the owners of Mountain Quail Lodge are true nature junkies and that reflects in every nook & corner of the property. If you happen to meet them… hear the stories of how it all started… It’ll leave you inspired and in awe.
The place has more to offer than just romancing the nature. Lodge is fully equipped to support treacherous treks to lazy bird watching mornings. If you are into neither, like me, then just pickup an umbrella and head out for a walk but make sure to wear right shoes to avoid leeches, as it’s the rainy season.
Pangot is my “Chota patakha with bada Dhamaka!!!!”(small bomb with big boom) and Mountain Quail Lodge is where it all happened ;)

Room Tip: All are great!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tinanayyar
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had heard fleeting reviews of Pangot - a yet undiscovered mountain hamlet which is well connected and accessible yet far from the madding crowds, when I got an opportunity to visit I jumped at it even though we had only two nights to spend... I have never felt better about an impulsive holiday! Getting into the train from Delhi I wondered how long the journey would be and would I actually be able to relax and refresh myself in just the day I would get before starting back? After a five and a half hour comfortable train ride, the one and a half hour drive to Pangot gave us a small preview of what to expect - green green hills, a great road with the seasonal bhuttas (don't miss the green chilly and lemon masala on them!) and chaiwalas on every picturesque corner, clouds floating lazily in and out of your car window and a rejuvenating fresh breeze constantly in your face - this was starting to get better by the minute! As we walked into the Mountain Quail property I was struck by the attention to detail and just the thought that went into the making of it - everything was constructed around the landscape and fit into the area as if it always belonged there... From the wooden benches placed at the best views, to small seating areas in the shade, umbrellas placed where you can grab them in case of the sudden short showers to paths built into the hillside where you can walk up to better views, the owners Sid and Bhavna have thought it all though - just to make sure you have the warm and comfortable experience that would make any holiday worthwhile - whether it's for just two days or more! If you're like me and just looking for a place to relax with all the creature comforts of hot showers, beautiful rooms with a view and great food or if you're looking for a more active holiday with trekking, bird watching or just walking around they will plan it all for you, with all the attention to detail that you would probably never have thought about yourself! Go here if you want to refresh and rejuvenate your soul...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have been a silent admirer of tripadvisor reviews, as I find them to be authentic and quiet accurate, for the ratings and detailed analysis they give. This vacation going to Pangot , especially to Mountain Quail, from a 3 night 4 day break, with not much pre planning, was largely influenced by the earlier reviews .Mountain Quail Lodge was a surprise package, so I thought this time , I must pen down my views. Beautifully located property in the middle of the jungle. Easily within drivable distance from Delhi, with good roads. We had booked a cottage, which had an excellent location , within the camp.It was nice cozy cottage with a good sit out area, neat and clean rooms, with spic and span bathrooms. The log huts too appeared to inviting. We enjoyed good clean home cooked food , with some very good service by Ganga Singh and his team. Had a great time walking in and around the camp. In fact one of the trek starts from the camp itself !.One can enjoy numerous short drives/walks to near by locations. Had a great time shooting birds and nature in and around the camp. Thanks to Bhavana and Sid(though I did not meet him personally), for making this trip a memorable one.

Dr. Sanjeev Taneja

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ThickChOcOlate2014
Mumbai
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Mountain Quail Lodge is a beautiful property - the forests of Pangot that surround the place are the thickest jungle I've seen in these parts. The rooms were cosy and comfortable, and one of our rooms even had a loft bed! The bathrooms were spotless, and the food above par. Really, I couldn't rave about the place enough!

Our hosts, Sid and Bhavna, too, were warm and welcoming. They took us on a few hikes around the area and regaled us with local anecdotes. I found them to be fun and knowledgeable, and I hope to go back there many times.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the loft. It's terribly charming.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank malavikak
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 3 April 2014

So the people are lovely, the food is amaaazing, the views are breathtaking and the atmosphere is phenomenal. This place has everything you could be looking for- serenity if you're looking for some peace & quiet, and ample adventure if you're feeling, well, adventurous. I'd been facing some identity crisis for a while, not sure whether I was a "mountains person" or not, and this trip has managed to affirm my mountainous leanings. One thing's for sure, I'm dyyying to go back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank KokilaMB
MountainQuailLodge, Owner at Mountain Quail Lodge - Pangot, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you!! Looking forward to seeing you here again, soon!!
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Staying at Mountain Quail Lodge brings back childhood memories of unsullied natural beauty, of rosy sunsets and chilly evenings, of cozy rooms and thick blankets, of hot water bottles and delicious home-cooked meals. There is a very personal touch in everything that is done there and the staff are friendly and helpful. They have great suggestions for hiking trails and long walks in the forest, which you must act upon, and they're superbly located for birdwatching with your morning tea, with breakfast and lunch. I've stayed 3 times in all, with friends and family, and also with a 18-month old who clearly relished his walks and meals. I recommend it for quality of service and location, for holidays with kids, and for breaks with friends to chill out, go for long walks, read books in the sun, learn to use your new camera and to rediscover the meaning of the word Quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mynahQ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pangot
The Pavilion
#16 of 47 in Nainital
The Naini Retreat
The Naini Retreat
#1 of 47 in Nainital

Been to Mountain Quail Lodge - Pangot? Share your experiences!