“Hospitality at his Best”

The Oak Trails Eco Lodge
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Hospitality at his Best”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The OAK Trail eco lodge resort is perfect place to spend your holiday. I went to this place with my and friend’s family in May 2014 and both the families enjoyed this place very much. This place has excellent view of Himalayan range and if you are lucky one (I was) you can see it very well during early morning hours. The best part of this place is that it keep you stress free as you have beautiful natural surrounding which keeps your mind and body fresh. The resort has beautiful cottages with all the basic amenities in place which will make your stay pleasant. The food is awesome and you get home-cooked organic food. The resort staff is very courteous and make sure your comfort is there primary things to care. On the top of it, the owner MR. Bobby and his wife personally take care of things. We originally planned for 4 days and 3 nights but seeing the hospitality and place we extended our stay by one more day. I would seriously recommend to all people who want to enjoy nature, hospitality and want to spend some quality time together with family should plan to this resort. We are planning again to go this winter to enjoy the snowfall.

Room Tip: Room at corner gives amazing view of Hills
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shanu1711

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We went to the Oak trail resort for 4 days 3 nights and we got excellent services from the staff, it was a very wise decision to stay away from the chaos of Nanital and stay at this offbeat location. If you are a nature lover and want to enjoy your holiday stay at this resort than at Nanital.
We were served excellent food and even children enjoyed the place. At lot of activities we did like trekking, badminton, swings are there for children, we liked the place so much that we extended our stay by a day at the resort and were lucky to see the view of himalayan range. The owner Bobby, his hospitality is commendable full marks to him and his wife Mona for this good time we had.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Let's just start by saying this was one of the best hotel/resort/lodging experiences of my life. Sadly I only stayed there for a day.

We were two young males so the slight climb wasnt too much for us. It really isnt that steep and actually I wish we had gone slower because the view from the place was absolutely gorgeous. The climb wasnt steep. The owner Bobby assured us that if we come with elderly visitors they can arrange for chairs for them to rest a while, which would solve the problem completely. Please dont let the walk be a deterrent.

As you cross Pangot, which is a 20 minute drive from Nainital and is an absolutely stunning mix of hill driving and deep forests, you need to drive maybe another 4 KM's till your atop a mound and then turn left on a dirt track for a 100 meters. Theres sufficient space to park a car. We met Bobby at the base. PLease be sure to give him a call when your crossing Nainital and dont wait for a later time.

The climb is, as I said gorgeous with beautiful views on both sides. As you walk into the resort your suddenly blown away by the sheer quaint beauty of this place. I had never imagined something so idylic. There are small cottage style rooms and we got one at the far southern end. The rooms are spacious, beautifully done up and have all your basic amenities from small lightstands, bulbs to hot water. They are kept very clean and the view from the small balcony was wonderful. I didnt even ahve to step out to take some beautiful shots of the sunset and I'm a semi-professional photographer.

The food was excellent, the hospitality of the workers was very ehart warming and they seemed shocked when I gave them a tip for carrying my luggage up or waiting on us all the time.

The place is quite teaming with birds and at night the clear sky's and high altitude give you a gorgeous view of the milky way. It was a photographers paradise. A nature enthusiasts dream.

The hospitality by Bobby, his wife, their team and their furry friends (a mongrel, a labrador and two cats who stayed well out of your way unless you wanted to meet them) was remarkable. They even lit bonfires for some of the guests.

This is definetly a place I would be going back to. I dont want to recommend it to anyone because this feels like such a personal treasure but it wouldnt be fair for people not to know about this beautiful place and for me to hoard it for the few who do. DO visit this place.

Room Tip: I had Room No. 3 north which was slightly secluded and good for two people. There are good rooms on...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ankitkumarlal
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Being a nature lover myself, I have been to many offbeat places in uttrakhand and himachal and this place tops it all. It feels like heaven on earth.The resort is owned by a couple from nainital, Bobby and Mona and they have given an all new definition to the word hospitality. Maintaining the serenity of the place the resort has 5 very tastefully decorated cottages.
Washrooms are sparkling clean. Staff is very helpful and courteous and they pampered us with amazing local cuisine. My 6 yrs old daughter loved the taste of organic milk and fruits. Palak paneer made by freshly cut spinach had an unforgettably amazing
taste . Chatting with them over bonfire at
night was unforgettable too. I just mentioned about some local berries, kafal and I was touched when they arranged those and got
them packed while I was leaving that place.
I would recommend everyone who is living an urban life to experience this place and its hospitality. It has become a holiday home for us and we plan to visit again in winters during snowfall.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank neeruanuj
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This place is really worth the money and you will definitely enjoy the scenic beauty from your room. The hospitality and care provided is really appreciable. Camp fire , delicious foods and whatever you want is arranged and delivered. This is located @ Pangot , little far from Nainital and at a higher altitude than Nainital. Friendly and helpful people around. I would like to specify on the food ..... very delicious and home made stuff. Only thing is you need to order i advance as they need to get the stuff from Nainital. Must stay and enjoy the scenic beauty and can go for trek. Contact info provided in www.theoaktrails.com . Thanks to tripadvisor for the info on this place. Safe, worthy and enjoyable!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Palam99
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Located on a hill top away from the crowd. This resort is surely one of the best places near Nanital which provides a rare opportunity to spend some time amidst Nature. The place is situated at a distance of approx. 18 km. above Nanital followed by a track of approx. 800 meters. The place has individual huts facing the valley and also provides a beautiful view of Himalayan ranges. The rooms are clean, well maintained and have a good ambiance. The hospitability and individual attention provided by the owner and the staff is recommendable. You can spend the entire day walking around the hills and enjoying the farms around. Photography fans will also get a chance to shoot some beautiful birds / flowers / landscapes around. Overall we had an amazing experience and would like to visit again with some more time in hand.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Amit M, Director of Sales at The Oak Trails Eco Lodge, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Accept our sincere thank for tendering us an opportunity to serve you, for being our valued Guest sharing and your feedback. Your feedback means a lot for us and for our Guests along with members of Traveler community.

Once again I would like to thank you and assuring you for our best services in every possible way and looking forward to serve you and your recommended Guests at the earliest.
Delhi
Reviewed 27 March 2014

As an avid traveller, having travelled extensively across India and overseas I always make a conscious effort to find places which suit me as an individual as well those am travelling with.

While looking for a weekend getaway in the hills, I stumbled upon Oak Trails and by far it has turned out to be one of my most wonderful discoveries ever. Nothing can prepare one for the quaint and cosy ambience of the place as well as the view. The pictures do not do justice to the place and one has to absolutely make it a point to be here and no where else if hills are your calling.

About a 7-8 hour drive from Delhi, beyond Nainital, it's a place where the last 10 odd kms to get there truly make you feel that you are at the highest peak possible at that time. With no clear road or markings in sight i knew I had reached a place keeping with my state of mind - to be cut off at a place that offers serenity and much more. Upon reaching one would need to call the owner as cars cannot go beyond a certain point and one would need to trek up about a km to get to the lodge. The staff thanks to the owner is there to help one with their luggage and guide one to the lodge. Was quite a hike after a long drive but nothing prepared me for what I was about to witness.

Tucked away among the hills and the clouds is the Oak Trail Eco Lodge. A place that has been adorned in a manner which is simple yet endearing. Its simplicity feels like home and as the various pets swarmed around me (quite the sweet welcome thanks to the dogs and kittens too!), we were led to our cottage. The cottages are simply furnished yet spacious and warm enough for one to be comfortable and the wash rooms are clean and meet the necessary standards.

The owner had already checked with us regarding our food preferences and upon reaching we were asked what we would like to have and that they could whip up what we wished. Without having to cite our interests, the food served to us over the next 3 days was beyond excellent. From the breakfast of toast and eggs to the paranthas and curd, to the simple culinary fare they provided mealtime was surely a happy time. The service and staff is wonderful and unobtrusive and willing to cater to our needs around the clock, constantly serving us tea and coffee throughout the day and making it a delightful stay indeed.

One can sit outside the cottage itself and take in the beauty of the place without having to be constantly on the run or looking to do as much as possible when on vacation. Truly a place that makes time stop and ensures one slows down and takes time to experience life in all its grandeur. Tranquillity indeed !

The view from the place is breathtaking and one is completely unprepared for the same. One can walk out of the lodge to scenic places within 2 kms or so and indeed the place is a photographer's delight. A beautiful place to be at one with nature and oneself. The ambience, comfort and warm environment provided by Oak Trails surely makes it one of my favorite places ever and it ensures that one would wish to visit it again and again.

Ideal for couples, families and groups as the place is cut off from all around. With barely any phone signals, TV and the likes, it ensures that it truly is a vacation and the perfect getaway from one's life and work.

Oak Trails is one of my top rated places to visit and comes highly recommended.
USP - location, view, food, ambience, comfort, cottages, service, cleanliness - pretty much all I needed !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wanderlust09_12
Amit M, Director of Sales at The Oak Trails Eco Lodge, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
We appreciate the way you represent the Resort. I am confident that the Visitor got a very clear picture about what to do around and enjoy their Stay in the Lap of Nature.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pangot
Monal Inn
#5 of 12 in Pangot
Janardan Resort
Janardan Resort
#9 of 12 in Pangot

Been to The Oak Trails Eco Lodge? Share your experiences!