“This is my favourite restaurant in Sicily- a home from home.”
Review of Lido Garibaldi

Lido Garibaldi
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

This is where I dream of visiting when I am at home on a cold winter's day! I have a holiday home in Sicily and Eraclea Minoa is my beach of choice with this fantastic restaurant right on the beach. I am on holiday once I have a plate of their mussel soup in front of me, looking at the beautiful view of the sand, sea and cliffs. I have seen it in all weathers throughout the year and it never disappoints. The family always welcome me when I arrive and know what I will have as my first meal!!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We visited the ruins and then stopped for the afternoon on the beach. The view of the sea and cliffs complemented by the sunset during our meal was awesome. The starter of mussel soup was the best we ever had only to be topped by the seafood pasta (tagliatelle soglio? or so). We shared the starter and pasta and still had more than enough. The price was really reasonable at only €35 for two including wine! We stumbled on this place by accident after having seen the beach from the cliffs but there are plenty of signs to get there so it should be easy to get to. Highly recommendable for a day at the beach and nice meal.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

On a cold blustery Sunday we stumbled on this beach restaurant while exploring the south coast of Sicily. The view over the sea was stunning - the waves were high but the sun shone down on on the white caps and the amazing cliffs as we tucked into the Sicilian paella, followed by a cedro sorbet. Great value and the service was friendly if a little slow. Fabulous setting.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

This restaurant is not easy to reach but it is really worth to find it! It is located just on the beach with a wonderful view on the sea. The staff was really friendly.
We got a huge selection of starters with only 12 € but the highlight was the pasta: the tagliatelle with lobster (14 €) was exceptional. A lot of fish on it and the lobster of course with a delicious tomato sauce. I had pasta with shrimps and it was as well delicious.
They have as well a good selection of wine (mainly Sicilian ones) but we had only ¼ of hauswine.
We can highly recommend this place and we are looking forward to come back in summertime when the weather will be maybe better.

1  Thank Naro1982
Reviewed 4 June 2011

On a semi-secluded Mediterranean beach near Greek ruins. It doesn't get any more romantic. The food is divine too. We ate here two evenings in a row on the suggestion of our B&B host. The four of us had many menu choices. I don't think you can go wrong here. The portions are generous, too.