We spent a few days here while down in Tlalpujahau for the Monarch butterfly migration. The location is about an hour away from both sanctuaries we visited.
The entrance to the hotel could use some MAJOR work, but generally speaking, the rooms and the grounds are very clean. The food is authentic and tasty. No one in our group had any issues with sanitation.
Whatever you do, don't get room 22 or any other rooms under the restaurant. The staff starts to work, including shuffling the dining room chairs, starting at about 4:30. And there is no insulation on the ceiling.
Now, one benefit of being near the restaurant is that you get your hot water fast. Further rooms are not so lucky. Also, remember that the rooms have no heater, so during the winter it does get cold. But they do provide extra blankets, which worked out great. No one speaks a word of english, which is great if you want to practice your Spanish... otherwise it is challenging. Wifi is anemic and pretty spotty, but at least they did have it, and it was free. There is a pool, but it was empty during our stay.
A few other random issues:
1) The water heater broke and we had no hot water for a whole day
2) On one occasion we didn't have any towels in our room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mansion San Antonio this located in a place surrounded by a natural landscape, where is intended to provide a service of quality and warmth, so that pleasure and business travellers have an exquisite experience. Without doubt a unique place in the picturesque village of magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Mansion San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.