“Idyllic getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Meon
Meon Springs Glamping
Pennington, Hampshire
“Idyllic getaway”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I have just returned from the most amazingly romantic weekend away. 2 nights of cooking on fire pits and sitting round the fire, eating fresh fish caught on the lake. In the day we hired bikes and explored the beautiful surrounding countryside and drank and ate in the George at east meon and the Thomas at west meon. I can't wait to book again. All the staff were so friendly and welcoming. If you want a place to escape from it all then I can't think of a better place. Thank you to everyone al meon springs!

Room Tip: Marigold was a bit more secluded and tucked away
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed in September for 2 nights and so wished it could have been longer I didn't want to leave. As a couple with two small children its difficult to have time to ourselves but our eldest made friends with the other children staying in the yurts we hardly saw him. The yurt was very comfortable and cosy with the wood burner lit. The yurtury was ideal with your own fridge, cooking facilities and plenty of room to sit and eat plus plenty of toys to keep little ones amused. I would advise a trip down to the fishery. My little boy caught a fish with a little help and was so pleased when we cooked it on the barbecue that evening. Such a relaxing break with breathtaking views of the south downs. Would definately recommend the yurts and will be returning but for longer next time. Many thanks

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet F
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed in July with our 3 boys and had a fabulous time. The boys loved the yurt and very quickly made friends with the other children which meant time for my husband and I to do a spot of reading.
I loved the crisp, white bed linen, our own fridge and the fact that I didn't have to pack any camping paraphernalia. The boys enjoyed toasting marsh mallows on the camp fire and digging in the sandpit.
We found plenty of things to do: ten pin bowling when it rained; bikes rides and pub walks in the sunshine.
It was a brilliant start to the school holidays.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
surrey England
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I want to write Dont go there! .......Because if i tell everyone about this little piece of paradise then i wont get to go again as it will be all booked up but i have to tell you just how wonderful this place is. Myself and my partner were looking at going to ibiza for a short break but we couldnt find a decent deal so while searching for cottages in Hampshire Meon came up in the search and i am so glad it did. We booked a 3 day stay in the fishing hut as it was just the 2 of us and our Springer spaniel! ( we left our 5 boys behind!) it was as romantic and exclusive as the pictures looked online. We were greeted and shown our hut and were given some print out of local walks. We had glorious weather which was a bonus. The setting is so tranquil with beautiful views and a lake just behind. There is lots to do in the surrounding area, we went to the beach one day and on another we took the walk up to winchester Hill with our dog which he loved. We came back and cooked a fry up in the kitchen which is next to the hut. We took our own food for breakfast but if you dont want to do that you can get a bacon roll and free tea and coffee from the fishery. The mobile fish and chip shop comes to the East meon village on a wed eve so we had that for tea and sat at our table and chairs on the decking to eat it. We had a meal at East meon pub The George which was delicious it is slightly pricey but well worth the money! We popped into Petersfield town one day and had a cream tea in the little quaint coffee shop and strolled around the village which has shops like m and s , waitrose, new look , a few banks, whsmiths etc The hut and kitchen is well equipped and has no tv or radio which i think is great as i lapped up the peace and quiet. My partner found not having these luxuries harder than i did! But i was equipped with magazines and puzzle books! There is a bbq too. Jamie (who lives in the farmhouse)came and introduced himself to us and he told us that there will be a further 4 huts going up so it wont be so on its own ( as the yurts are about a 10 minute walk away ) and would be perfect if you have other couples that could join you on a break.This place is perfect for walkers! families ! fishing boffs and anyone who just wants to get away from it all and unwind! I loved it and i cannot wait to book up and go again! (when the weather is nice !) We were very lucky with the mini heatwave!! Thankyou to all at Meon springs!! U blew me away

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Voorburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 September 2013

With our family of 4 children, we are always a crowd. In this Yurt however, we were very comfortable. More than enough room. Enough room also in the Yurtery for cooking and eating. Not once did we have the impression to be 'in the way' for our fellow Yurterers, or vice versa.

Fishing was also fun. And we had fantastic Trout on the BBQ later on.

So, please don't share this info, we will want to get back here :-)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We usually camp but decided to 'glamp'. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. The Yurt was lovely, cosy and relaxing. Light a fire in the fire pit outside and your wood burning stove in the yurt for chillier evenings. They have electric, fairy lights, lovely clean bed linen. The yurtery has been well thought out to cook your meals. It is an absolute dog heaven. Walk to pub in East Meon where dogs are welcome too. We traveled in excess of 300 miles and it was worth the long journey. The owners are very helpful and they have done a wonderful job....would not hesitate to book again..Enjoy!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Beechy which was a little more remote and we loved it
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Magpie1963
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I rarely leave reviews, infact this is only my second but I simply felt I must.

Having just returned from a last minute 2 night break with my twin sons (age 6), urban terrorist (age 3) and a dog (age mad 16 wks) I can absolutely say I have never felt so welcomed, relaxed or entirely at home.

This place is an absolute gem. A thing of wonderful memory making experiences. So for the whole experience; we arrived noon Weds and having enjoyed a farmhouse picnic outside our yurt with a crusty loaf and a hunk of cheese, we headed to the fishery. My sons were well tended to by Roger, given all that they need and taken to a small stocking pond where each caught their own trout. What a joy and at just £5 per trout (no other fees) I felt that pleasure was worthy of the money. We then wandered up the driveway to the farm where the boys were able to partake in milking and sit with some new born calves. Stuff that real childhood dreams are made of.

After returning to the yurt village (only 5 yurts so wonderfully intimate) we started to prepare our trout for supper..... campfire being stoked at the ready..... when one of our fellow yurt campers appeared (we were blessed to stay with a wonderful Kuwait family) and the mother with no English took the trout from my hands and continued to prepare and dress it with the most fragrant arabic spices. Wow, what a treat! Wrapped in tin foil my boys proudly sat around the campfire and cooked their own caught trout!

With the expanse of farmers fields infront of our yurt, (and trees between us and our neighbours) we felt entirely secluded as we watched the sun set and is if that isn't enough we melted marshmellows under a blanket of stars, listening to the twit twoo-ing of owls and marveling at darting bats only feet from where my boys watched on before tucking up into a snuggly warm yurt thanks to the wood burner.

The yurtery is a marvelous provision with your own fridge, all the cooking utensils you could wish for and comfy sofa's should the weather turn bad but you need a bit more space with which to relax or socialise. It is a wonderful way to meet the select few neighbours you will be sharing Meon Springs with. The most notable thing is that we felt completely welcomed, dogs and all. Not once did I need to feel concerned about my sons, they are meant to be children here! All you need bring is your clothes, towels and food. All else is provided, even down to firelighters and wood.

So on to the negatives. Well you won't want to leave and sadly squatters rights aren't enforcable. Darn it.

Well done to that team for making this place a cut above and capture the very essence of what a getaway should be.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Froxfield
Plush Tents Glamping
Plush Tents Glamping
#1 of 1 in East Ashling

Been to Meon Springs Glamping? Share your experiences!