We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Meon
Meon Springs Glamping
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A great place to stay if you want peace and quiet.A good base for visiting other places but before that use the farm visit and fishing first.The area surounding the fishery is good for walking as you are on the south downs way.

Room Tip: Take your fishing rod.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter C

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My Husband and I have just got back from a couple of nights over our Wedding Anniversary staying in one of the Fishing Huts at Meon Springs with our dog Marla. Despite on and off showers our stay was both relaxing and comfortable. The hut was clean and fresh and had everything we needed. We would definitely recommend Meon Springs as a place to visit with a dog. Marla made friends with one of the staffs dogs and there are loads of walks you can do from the site as well as plenty of dog friendly pubs in the local area. This was our first experience of 'glamping' and was a much enjoyed pre-baby relax (will we ever resort to our tent again?!). Staff were really friendly especially Karina who showed us round. Thanks Meon Springs we've had a lovely mini break!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarlaBean
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is our third year at Meon and it just gets better. We had a weekend of rain but it made little difference, the yurts are so warm, cosy and welcoming. We walked our dogs for miles, went clay shooting with David (really nice guy) & Maggie, and fly fished in the afternoon to catch a nice trout supper to cook on the clay pit BBQ; just fantastic in every way. All the staff at Meon are so pleased to help and nothing is to much trouble. Going back next year and all being well with my first grandson. So relaxing and great fun, absolutely recommended!!!

Room Tip: All the yurts are fab!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank alan_moules
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband & I love camping with our toddler but decided to treat ourselves to our first family 'glamping' break for our 5 year wedding anniversary. We stayed in 'Beachy' yurt which was lovely & private with amazing views of the valley. Despite the awful weather (it rained every day) we were snug & cosy & made good use of the wood burning stove. The yurts are really spacious & clean, very comfy beds & twinkling fairy lights give it a magical feel. Our son (2.5) absolutely loved it & did not want to leave our 'holiday house'. Because of the weather we didn't get to enjoy any of the surrounding walks or the fishery but we definitely want to come back & explore the area properly. We did however make excellent use of the communal yurtery & met some lovely family's with children. The yurtery is really spacious & well equipped & there are lots of toys & games to entertain the little ones while you prepare a meal. The only downside was a large group of twenty-something's who didn't make an effort to clean up properly after themselves or respect it as a family friendly space. This was a shame as the whole set up is very child friendly & there is even a baby bath in the family shower room which our son (who hates showers) loved splashing around in. The service from the family who run Meon Springs was excellent from the booking process & provision of information to during our stay. Jamie even drove to meet my brother in law & his wife who joined us for 1 night, after they got lost so he could show them the way. All in all this was an amazing family break, the yurts are just gorgeous & it's such a treat to have a fire inside, electricity & such comfortable sleeping arrangements (plus no soggy tent to put down at the end). Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Being a total wuss and not able to set up a tent myself this yurt holiday seemed the ideal compromise. I'll admit to being nervous as my kids (aged 14, 12 and 9) can be 'bored' as they put it very easily. I booked two nights over the Easter holidays and thought I'd give it a go.

Well, we loved it. The kids have raved about how wonderful our holiday was all the way home. Everything was just perfect. The yurt was immaculate, the yurtery such a bonus with its fridge for each yurt, cooking facilities, washing up liquid etc, everything you might wish for. Piping hot showers and clean loo's. My 4.30am trip to the loo, under a blanket of stars, although cold was just a fun part of the experience! The fires - well, my kids loved the fire pit, our woodburning fire in the yurt itself and the communal campfire by the yurtery.

The views were stunning. We saw the cows being milked at 5pm, ate bacon rolls at the fishery cafe (delicious!), met the friendly owners. I felt properly relaxed for the first time in ages. On the last night the kids ran around with their new found friends with glow sticks while I sat chatting to adults round the campfire. It made me appreciate how wonderful the UK is and how much kids haven't really changed and still love the old fashioned stuff.

I recommended torches and glow sticks for extra fun. The Izaac Walton pub close by in East Meon is nice, simple pub fare and has friendly owners. I also suggest you look on youtube for the "how to start a good fire in a woodburning stove" as we wished we had before we went!! Clearly I was never a girl scout!

Room Tip: Beechy is probably the most secluded yurt but all of them are set far enough apart for privacy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mrsbsouthend
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Had a very peaceful stay at Meon Springs at the start of October. My partner fished whilst I just
chilled in the very cosy Hut. Very friendly staff couldn't do enough to make our break relaxing.
Would definately recommend and will return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAY H
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with friends during October half term 2012 this was our second visit. Love it love it love it. You get a real sense of camping but with the comforts of home (bed, running water and electricity). A great base to explore Hampshire. The yurtery is great for socialising with either friends you are staying with or other guests.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank CJWELLER

Been to Meon Springs Glamping? Share your experiences!