“Sunday lunch”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in East Meon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Good food, decent wines and great service; welcomed our dogs and nothing was to much trouble. Definitely a second visit on the cards.

1  Thank alan_moules

Reviewed 27 April 2014

On our way to Lainston House in Winchester and before a visit to Meon Fishery on Good Friday we decided to pop in for lunch at Ye Olde George. We arrived just before 12 and the bar area and restaurant were already getting busy. This is clearly also a regular spot for cyclists wanting a pick me up mid or post ride! I think we were pretty lucky to get a table, as many were reserved for later guests.
I opted for the open sandwich of confit Hampshire pork belly, Bury black pudding and apple puree, and my husband had the burger. The sandwich was to die for, absolutely delicious and filling. My husband also commented on how delicious the burger was. We only went in for a quick snack, but my husband was soon tempted by the puddings on the board! He chose the Rich dark chocolate torte with hazelnut biscotti and salted caramel ice-cream - what can I say, he almost lost most of it to me!! It was divine!
We will be returning again and highly recommend to others.

1  Thank KHelyer
Reviewed 25 April 2014

For various reasons I had to change the details of my table reservation a couple of times, the staff dealt with this very efficiently. We were given a friendly welcome and sat outside with a pre-dinner drink enjoying the evening sunshine and the view of the ancient church before going in to our table, where my friend and I shared a plate of Spanish tapas before our main courses (rib-eye steak and cod loin), both well executed, and a reasonably priced bottle of red wine.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

But good - the staff could use a bit more training. You don't chat and have conversations w/your coworkers while people wait at the bar for drinks - pretty basic really but somehow not surprising these days...

Food is pretty standard. But some nice guest ales

Been going there for years and not sure if management has changed but it was always the best alternative in East Meon (where there are two pubs and one shop/post office)the rooms are clean.

The "garden" is right off the parking lot and not so big so be aware of that - no views from there.

Still not a bad place to stop in if you are in the area.

1  Thank AnotherSojourner
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Fantastic pub for walk in the South Downs followed by lunch or dinner. Great scenery, pretty village. Good food. Dog friendly. Badger beer. Dinner and drinks £50 for two people.

1  Thank bactrianus