What a wonderful place. We weren't totally sure what to expect, but our trip to Bulungula was fantastic. We stayed in a safari tent for 5 nights, which was great, wonderful views, and luckily we had pretty good weather the whole time we were there. We loved the relaxed atmosphere, the fact that the lodge is so much a part of the community, and that we met such a wide variety of people during our stay. The work that the community is doing to uplift themselves from poverty is quite astounding.
Places like this remind South Africans how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful country. I think people all over the world dream about this kind of lodge, and we feel very fortunate that we had the opportunity to stay there. We are already planning to go back in a few months' time :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A community-based eco-lodge on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world in the heart of a traditional Bomvana (Xhosa) community. Fair Trade accredited. Many fun, informative and authentic cultural and adventure tours/activities every day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Bulungula Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bulungula Hotel Nqileni Village
- Bulungula Lodge South Africa/Nqileni Village